Aux 9/10 & 17/18 under voltage

amg

Hello,

I wired up both TB in the Thunder as per the help diagram (with ECU Hold Power). The ECU complains about under voltage. Measured across, the main relay outputs around 7V. Is this normal behaviour? I haven't calibrated anything yet, just connected all the terminals and finished assigning them to the channels in the ECU.

Thanks

Sorry, scratch that. Looks like my file has lost 'ECU Hold Power' in the main relay. Restored that and now the relay is putting out 11.7V. PCLink still complains about the under voltage. Clearing codes doesn't help. I'll leave the battery over night on the trickle charger and check again tomorrow.

Charged the battery, hooked the charger to it, turned the ignition. The voltage to both throttle body relays, Aux 9/10 and 17/18 reads 12.55V. PCLink still complains about Aux Supply Error and Undervoltage. What am I doing wrong?

I've not calibrated anything, just hooked all the wires up. These are the only two errors so far.

Thanks.

Please see attached. The 'ECU Fault Codes' section in the middle switches between 9/10 and 17-20.

Untitled-1.jpg

Adam,

I've now swtiched to ON - Setup and boom, the faults are gone!

I don't know what it is/was but I hope it doesn't return.

Thanks again.

Untitled-1.jpg

Edited by amg

Since this is throttle related, how does one calibrate the second throttle body? No option for that in PCLink. I have two identical TBs that will work in sync so shall I just copy the voltages from TB1? Couldn't find it in the help file or forum search.

Thanks.

For the manual cal you need to move the throttle plate by hand to fully open and fully closed to get the matching voltages.

·Manual Calibration - Type the sensor open and closed voltages into the TPS (Main) Closed, TPS (Main) Open, TPS (Sub) Closed and TPS (Sub) Open settings.  The TP(sub) 100 setting must be set to the TP (Main) percent that TP (Sub) stops changing if a non linear sensor is used.  If the TP (Sub) signal changes over the entire range of throttle plate movement (most common) then set TP(sub) 100 to 100%.  Note: the sensor pin voltages can be seen in the Analog Inputs tab of the Runtime Values Window (press F12).