Mitsubishi 6 wire ISC setup

XxOLIVERxX

Hey guys, I have a v44 ecu I'm trying to to setup to suit a mitsubishi 4G93 engine, 1.8L (2000)

i have setup most things as copied from evo 6 wiring diagrams (evo 6 stock ecu runs this engine with no wiring changes)

i have hooked up pin 4, 17 (coil a) 5, 18 (coil b ) to aux 5, 6 7,8 respectively, assigned the outputs and as isc stepper, 

i get the stepper move when key on  but it just opens fully and causes lean condition, when swapping wires around I can get it to fully close, but no combination will get it to work correctly, I have tried bi Polar and unipolar settings  neither works as it should.

Wondering If anyone has faced the same issue and knows how to fix it, cheers! 

I tested this on the simulator and my valve moves but you have some pretty odd settings in there so its possibly getting itself tied in a knot.  You're on quite old firmware so first update to 4.10.2.

Then load in the attached map.  With this map when you turn the key on the valve should wind all the way open (reset) then go back to about halfway open ready for startup.  Please confirm if it does appear to move both ways with this map.

new isc settings.pcl

Okay so firmware update failed. Followed all instructions correctly but it returned an error:

an error occurred which interuppted the firmware download, please run the firmware loader again.

error setcomfailed.com error during opening com 

and then when retrying it said link_not_connected. 

I assume this unit is junk now? 

Also did you mean the one i attached? As you havnt attached anything. Cheers 

1 hour ago, XxOLIVERxX said:

I assume this unit is junk now

Usually a power cycle, then re-run of the firmware updater will be all that is needed.  Im not sure what would have caused that error though.  I assume you are using VTS V4.10.2?

1 hour ago, XxOLIVERxX said:

Also did you mean the one i attached? As you havnt attached anything. Cheers 

Yeah sorry I didnt attach it originally.  I have now attached it to that original post.  

Restart of pc, disconnect ecu and reconnect, allowed me to reflash again and worked this time. Tested new settings and is working as it should. Thanks Adam been a massive help mate :) 

one more thing while I have you here, how can I stop that an volt 3 fault code? I have tried to set the warning and error values to zero and also high numbers to stop the code appearing but does not seem to work, on key cycle the code returns.. not sure if you can see that in the log file