Knock level limited?

iecku.tavea racing

Hey

I am currently tuning a MR2 [MR2 V2-3 #TST205 latest firmware] with a 10mm bosch knock sensor.

I was trying to adjust the gain of the knock channel so that all cylinders are running around max. 4-500 under normal conditions.

But it seems that all recorded levels above 400 are cut down to 400. Typical max values are 1000!

Using a very low gain [max levels below 400] i see the typical rising curve of a knock sensor on a normal operating engine.

I haven´t had this problem on other 3sgte´s with a link g4+ before and can´t find any setting which will cause this problem.

Heiko

That sounds like the output of the sensor is too strong and is saturating the input to the ECU. 

This could be a really noisy engine or the sensor is to sensitive. Likely only option will be to use a different sensor.

Hey Simon,

thanks for the reply. I was also thinking that the sensor could be the reason as this is the only part which is different to the other engines before. I am going to try a different one! But i think it is a bit strange that it cuts straight at knock level 400 as i thought the gain is done by internal knock detection.

I attached the log and the tune with the low gain setting. I stopped the dyno session after that as there were too much other problems with the car.

dyno knock level issue verly low gain.pclr

dyno very low gain.llg