poor rpm limiter and triggers jzx

shane110

hi having these issues a while now , car jzx110 1jzvvti  , link kurofune , on hks adopter harness , my rpm limiter is set to 7600 rpm by my tuner when i hit this car just has a flat sound , it seems if i pull it back to 7000 it actually sounds like a normal limiter , 

iv logged it at 7k and 7600 and when at 7600 the rpm spikes to 66k rpm then to 30k i find no matter what i do in the limiter settings nothing seems to make it sound any different , i have lowered the trigger arming threshold and still the  same , also put my dwell angle to 1.8ms 

il post my map file and log and scope trace at the 7600rpm see if anything looks out of place to you guys , 

thanks 

65000rpm log.llg

7600 shit.jpg

jzx 1.8 dwell change.pclr

this is it changed to hall does it look better ? i noticed my trigger offset is 206 degrees and 2 other friends cars with 1jzvvti is 205 can this play havoc off a degree ? also do i need to lower the trigger arming threshold at higher rpm or increase it ?

HALL.jpg

arming thresholds will normally increase with rpm. There is an example for the jz in the help file under "engine specific information"

trigger offset being off by 1 degree will not play havoc.  It will change based on engine configuration such as wether or not the head/block has been decked, timing belt stretch, etc.  This value is basically just to get the engine ignition timing to match the ecu.

As for the way the limiter sounds, if you turn on advanced mode in the limiter settings you can change the amount of cut percentage and the offset from the soft to hard limit to change the sounds to suit your liking.

I will increase the threshold more to see if the spikes in rpm will clear out ,  as I was decreasing it higher in the rpm range .  Would any of you guys have a 1jzvvti map I could try some of your limiter settings on it . 

4 hours ago, Brad Burnett said:

arming thresholds will normally increase with rpm. There is an example for the jz in the help file under "engine specific information"

Something odd happens in Toyotas with a piggybacked OEM ecu as in this case, I assume it is the filtering in the OEM ecu trigger circuit that causes the trigger voltage to reduce with increasing RPM.  You can also see the -ve portion of the tooth immediately after the gap is starting to creep upwards towards zero at higher RPM.  So I suspect the cause of trigger error is one of these two - either the arming threshold is too high at high RPM or the tooth after the gap is no longer crossing zero.

6 hours ago, shane110 said:

this is it changed to hall does it look better ? i noticed my trigger offset is 206 degrees and 2 other friends cars with 1jzvvti is 205 can this play havoc off a degree ? also do i need to lower the trigger arming threshold at higher rpm or increase it ?

Put trigger 2 back to how it was (Reluctor), there is no problem with the position of the cam teeth that was suggested earlier.

Can you try reducing the trig 1 arming threshold to 2.0Volt in the 7000RPM cell only and change the trigger 1 filtering to level 1.  Do another log and trigger scope (at high RPM) with those settings.

8 hours ago, shane110 said:

*ITS FIXED * firmware update on the kurofune i now get a normal sounding limiter thank god 

That last triggerscope after you changed wiring looks terrible with cross talk between cam and crank.  I cant see that ever working right.  Did you change wiring back?

There have been no changes to triggering or limiters between the firmware you were on previously to 5.6.5 so Im not convinced the firmware update would have solved anything.

When I put on a ignition cut it gave shit loads of bangs and I got the spikes in rpm , when I put on a fuel cut it’s made that horrible flat sound but no spikes ,  the triggers are back to the stock ecu also and it’s back on ignition cut and iv got a normal limiter now