v5 13bt s5

Quentin Goodman

after double checking everything, still not having much luck, it very very hard to start, sound like it is firing to early and slowing the engine down when it catchs a spark while cranking, after cranking it over and not starting i checked the plugs, leading are dry, but the trailing plugs are wet. when i did get it going the idle was very high.   ive checked the timing and adjusted it but it made no different.  the car was running before it was pulled apart, (previous owner)  all the wiring in the car has been redone, inlcuding the link wiring loom.  I dont know how, but it was running the S4-5 leading and trailing coils and ignitors. i changed them to the s6/7/8 coils and ignitor because i read in the link book and on here that you cant use the s4-5 one, and plus they are ugly. I never got the old loom to see how it was done and really some how i think this might have something to do with it. would you have any idea one what they would of done or any other ideas of what could be wrong.  cheer for all your help so far.

Quentin

• 2 months later...

found the problem, after checking the timing found that the trailing plug werent firing in the right order, simple fix swaped the leads around. unsure why it was like that. idles fine now, still have to leave the idle control unpluged cos it revs far to high other wise. cheers for all your help.

• 3 months later...

Hi Quentin,

If you look at your boost control table in PCLink you should be able to see your target boost levels in there and see what the peak number is setup for. Limiting factors on the maximum amount of boost you can run will be your engine setup (fueling, etc) and also how much boost your MAP sensor is capable of reading.

Cheers,

Scott

• 7 years later...

Hello again, Car was running well back in 2012 (did everything it should), pulled it all apart changed the turbo setup, changed the wiring and location of the coils and igniter, 6 years later sent it off to be tuned and it had a misfire of some sort, when it does it the tacho needle drops from 5000 down to 2000 ish. Doesn't seem to matter about load more rpm.  The coils sit on the rail beside the spark plugs. I hav shorted leads, the wiring runs straight down from the cas and along the bottem of the motor, which is near the sparkplugs leads and coil. And the igniter it right at the front of the car.

Im guessing the trigger / interference igniter coil cas problem somewhere  and was wonder if you had any ideas rather than me going in blind. 

Thanks

Quentin