Altezza plugin issue

Mgtezza

Had my Altezza plugin g4+ extreme tuned in modelled fuel mode (ready to get the fuel guage fix) and everything tuned up fine but while on the dyno the fuel light started flashing, ambient air temp stopped displaying ( just shows E) and coolant temp stopped showing and aircon doesn't turn on (fuel guage however did seem to work properly and not drop in quarter increments). Was able to see the correct temp values with the laptop connected to the ecu. I put it down to the CAN bean update that was needed. As a test i plugged the OEM ecu back in and coolant temp and ambient temp showed correctly. I got the ecu back today after getting the CAN bean update done and it is still having the same issues. Can someone give me any suggestions on where to go from here. Attached is a copy of my tune file. 

ITB altezza.pclr

Edited by Mgtezza
rewording

One thing I've noticed in your base-map is that OBD is set to occur on the CAN 2 Module. The Altezza ECU has hardware that converts CAN to BEAN, and I don't know what would happen if you tried sending OBD data through the hardware. Set the OBD to OFF, click Apply and OK, then perform a Store (F4 key),  then turn the ignition switch off for a couple of seconds, then back on. 

Does the BEAN now behave normally?

Scott

Edited by Scott
typo

If you look at the CAN tab of the runtime values window are you getting any errors? You can open the Runtime values window by pressing the F12 key.

Here are some other things you can try:

• Try doing a 'Factory restore' on the ECU. ECU Controls > Restore to Factory Settings
  • Upgrade to our latest firmware (V5.6.4). Be sure to read the release notes and makes changes if required.
  • Load our default Altezza base-map into the ECU and see if the BEAN works. Be careful with this as our base-map is not tuned to your engine. Monitor AFR and run the engine as little as possible.

Scott 

Edited by Scott
added another point.

None of that worked noticed a few errors in here (see attached) also when i switched the Aux output Ign A/C clutch from low polarity to high polarity it turned on and the a/c worked but it wasn't controlled by the switch.

ac.JPG

Edited by Mgtezza
extra info

To add to the weirdness I just connected the stock ecu back up and attempted starting the car ( didn't work though cause quad throttles) but the ambient temp worked so plugged the link back in and turned the key and ambient temp was still working and stayed working for a little while until it went back to how it was before :( 

Hi mate a little unrelated to the issue you are having with the can dash issue  but is this the map the car is currently running ?

if so i would be a little concerned as to how a couple if the parameters below were introduced and has any of the can data also been changed  

but i have had a look thu your map  and noticed a few  things of concern  the limits are all set to rotary only 

also the injector short pulse widths are not correct which will cause al kinds of low speed running issues 

the base timing has been set up using after top dead centre  numbers not btdc

charge correction is also not been switched on which is critical in correct tuning of modeled mode 

regards Ross

Yeah that is the map in the car currently.....Can data hasn't been changed other than the updates that needed to be done, Which limits are set to rotary? Car runs perfect at low speeds but am happy to have a look into it.....Base timing figures look fine to me positive numbers being btdc......car tuned up fine with it turned off 

but i have had a look thu your map  and noticed a few  things of concern  the limits are all set to rotary only 

also the injector short pulse widths are not correct which will cause al kinds of low speed running issues 

the base timing has been set up using after top dead centre  numbers not btdc

charge correction is also not been switched on which is critical in correct tuning of modeled mode 

regards Ross

Maybe Ross was looking at the wrong .pclr because I don't see the RPM limit or base timing issue either?  The short pulse width adder doesn't look correct but I don't think it will have much impact since you have small injectors they wont see much "short pulse width"

However, he is right about your charge temp correction.  Also something has made your whole fuel table wrong - this should resemble VE if everything is setup right so you should see numbers of about 50-105%, yours only ranges from about 3-17%?   Some of that error I think is possibly from your "injector rated fuel pressure" and "base fuel pressure" settings which both seem a bit odd?  With this fuel table so far wrong I suspect that your inst. fuel consumption calc will never be correct either. 

Also, I just noticed Fuel Density and fuel density temp coef are wrong too so I think you are going to have to retune this thing eventually.   Sorry I know this doesn't help your dash issue either, just posting for your info.

The base-map Simon posted is from an Altezza that is using modelled fuel and has all the CAN-BEAN working correctly. If your CAN-BEAN doesn't work when using this base-map it indicates a hardware problem in the Link ECU or in the vehicle. What is strange is that you said the fuel gauge is working correctly, which would indicate that the CAN-BEAN hardware on the Link ECU is ok.

Scott.

Yeah the fuel guage is the only can system working but the fuel light flashes.....and everything works as it should with the stock ecu plugged in.....if I could run the car for long enough would test that ac clutch activates with the stock ecu in....will try that pclr this afternoon see if can systems work. 

When I open that map it says ECU disabled get a code from link to unlock and enable the ecu and there was no change in the can systems, wasn't game to start it considering the fueling will be waaaay off for my car (990cc injectors compared to my stock ones) and i would need to turn off e throttle etc as well. Had a look at the fuel settings the base fuel pressure is pretty close from everything i have read they run 62 psi stock with the returnless system which is what I have. Attached a picture of where we got the rated fuel pressure and injector CC info as well this is direct from toyota.

image004.png

Hi

The ECU disabled message is due to the Map having been on a locked ECU. If loaded to an unlocked ECU this will nolonger show.

You would need to change the injector settings and the ethrottle to suit your application.

Before loading the map I would save yor existing and then perform a restor to factory setting in the ECU controls menu.

This will wipe all setting, For a fresh start when above file is loaded.