Nissan 350z Link G4+ ABS problems

SERA

Hello! I have link G4+ in nissan 350z and i have ABS warning lighton, when car is moving. I can erase errors in static car, but they comes up, when car is driving. I see errors C1132 and C1111 in my abs diagnostic menu, also i see all wheel sensors is working in abs menu and in Link G4+ software. We check connectors of ABS module and than we replase it, Same situation. Asking for help withn this case.

C1132 NISSAN - Engine Signal 3 Share

Possible causes
- Faulty 
Engine Control Module (ECM)
- Faulty ABS actuator and electric unit (control unit)
- Control Area Network (CAN) communication line
- Blown ECM fuses

Tech notes The code means that the Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) control unit has detected that there is problem with the Engine Control Module (ECM).

When is the code detected? Based on the signal from 
Engine Control Module (ECM), the Control Area Network (CAN)-Local Area Network (LAN) converter (CLC) judges that the engine control system is malfunctioning.

Possible symptoms - ABS Warning Light ON - Scanner cannot access Engine Control Module (ECM) C1132 Nissan Description ABS actuator and electric unit (control unit) and ECM exchange the engine signal with CAN communication line. Major engine components are malfunctioning.

can nissan.png

Sera, this sounds like a problem we have seen before.  It seems there are some specific 350Z's where the ABS ecu throws a wobbly if it doesnot get an acknowledge from the engine ecu within a few mS of power up.  It is thought the Link ECU takes slightly longer than the factory ECU to send out CAN messages after boot up.  It seems rare but I remember seeing 2 or 3 cases in the few years I worked for Link.  

The fix is to wire a relay in to the ABS ecu power supply wiring, so during cranking the ABS ecu power is cut - it then reboots, gets its acknowledge from the engine ecu straight away and is all happy.  I will PM you a document describing what needs to be done. 

5 hours ago, Adamw said:

Sera, this sounds like a problem we have seen before.  It seems there are some specific 350Z's where the ABS ecu throws a wobbly if it doesnot get an acknowledge from the engine ecu within a few mS of power up.  It is thought the Link ECU takes slightly longer than the factory ECU to send out CAN messages after boot up.  It seems rare but I remember seeing 2 or 3 cases in the few years I worked for Link.  

The fix is to wire a relay in to the ABS ecu power supply wiring, so during cranking the ABS ecu power is cut - it then reboots, gets its acknowledge from the engine ecu straight away and is all happy.  I will PM you a document describing what needs to be done. 

Yes, we tested relay and it doesn't power the ABS motor. We will do what u wrote in e-mail and i'll wright here the result. I think, everything will work.

19 hours ago, Brad Burnett said:

would it be possible to use a spare aux out to control the relay for the ABS system with a gp out that controls the relay with engine run time >= x seconds?

There is no reason why that wouldnt work, however there is no relay in the OEM set up, it gets its power direct from the PDM/BCM.

9 hours ago, Adamw said:

There is no reason why that wouldnt work, however there is no relay in the OEM set up, it gets its power direct from the PDM/BCM.

Car im working with, im going to attempt to use the ABS system in a standalone application with the G4+ xtreme talking to it over can for wheel speeds.

• 5 months later...

I'm trying to fix this same issue with a 06' 350z 'rev-up' model.

It seems the rev-up model has a different abs/trc unit. It is a 84 pin module (Nissan part number: 47851-CF42A)

On this car pin 29 is a earth, so the wiring in the recommended fix won't work for the rev-up version.

I have tried and faild to find a pin out for this module, so any help would by hugely appreciated!

Bert,

Nelson, New zealand

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 11/6/2021 at 12:53 AM, Adamw said:

I will PM you some instructions, you will have to wire a relay into the ABS ecu power wire.  

Hi Adam, 

can you please PM the instruction as well? Recently purchased the G4+ for my 350Z