BMW E90 RPM + Coolant CAN

Dochka

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/26/2020 at 10:59 AM, Adamw said:

There is a little bit of info floating around on the net for this model.

Connect the ECU to the PT bus and try below and tell me if the tacho works.  

TICqHFP.png

QsdQGOC.png

Do I need any external LINK Adapters or Cables / or I wire directly the CANH-CANL wires from the ecu to the PT Bus with no additional resistors ?

Thank You

• 2 weeks later...

The car had all the electronics and wiring removed before,

What should the PT-Bus wire colors be ? Are they Orange and Black or Red and Blue ?

Also, the car has a Start/Stop Engine button in the dash that I'd like to use and keep the car as factory, but the DME ecu has been removed also...

Is it as simple as wiring a AN Volt Input or Digital Input to the Link from that Start Button and then from Link to the Starter via Aux 8 for example ?

Thanks

14 hours ago, Adamw said:

PT CAN is usually one Red wire, one Blue/Red.

For the starter button, yes, connect the button to any DI, then an aux to a relay to control the starter solenoid.

I wired DI 3 to the "Start" end of the [Start/Stop Engine Button] and configured as follows ; 'Function : Start Position' , 'Pullup Resistor : Off' , 'On Level : High'

DI 4 to the "Stop" end of the [Start/Stop Engine Button] and configured as follows ; 'Input Latch : Off' , 'Pullup Resistor : Off' and 'On Level : Low'

And used Aux 7 as "Starter Solenoid" , 'Polarity : Low' and 'Driver Type : Low Side'

Is this correct ?

Thank You

7 hours ago, Dochka said:

wired DI 3 to the "Start" end of the [Start/Stop Engine Button] and configured as follows ; 'Function : Start Position' , 'Pullup Resistor : Off' , 'On Level : High'

DI 4 to the "Stop" end of the [Start/Stop Engine Button] and configured as follows ; 'Input Latch : Off' , 'Pullup Resistor : Off' and 'On Level : Low'

What do you mean by "the start end", does it have two separate switches?

6 hours ago, Adamw said:

What do you mean by "the start end", does it have two separate switches?

It has one Start/Stop button, that has a "ribbon printer like" terminals at the back of it ;

I mean that I have to know which one of those terminals is the "Start" signal and not the "On" one, so I wire it to Digital Input 3, and then find what is the terminal of the "Stop" Signal so I wire it to the Digital Input 4 wire so I use it as a Kill Engine

• 1 month later...