G4X Evo 4-8 pluging running legnum vr4 6A13TT

James991

Hey Guys,

Have a G4X Evo 4-8 plugin running a 6A13TT motor seem to be having trigger syncing issues with it. Have been doing some research and have found a few guys are running them as a multitooth with 3 of the cam gear teeth ground off and using this as the sync. Have it currently setup as a 3000gto trigger setup but not getting consistent timing when trying to configure the base timing. Ideally I'm trying to run sequential ignition and injection. anyone had this issue before?

thanks in advance 

James

You will be better off keeping the stock trigger, with the GTO mode the ECU uses both the rising and falling edge of the teeth effectively giving you the same resolution as 6 teeth on the crank.  If you change to multitooth mode the ecu will only see 3 teeth.

Please attach a triggerscope, log of it cranking and your tune.

Something a bit fishy with your crank sensor I think, it is showing one tooth much shorter than the rest on one revolution, the next revolution it is ok so that suggests the tooth is actually there - just the sensor is not reading it correctly.  

Do you want to try a couple more triggerscopes to confirm if we can capture that again - it is pretty odd.  

7pL8oWI.png

Yeah, It appears that crank sensor might be a bit intermittent.  I bet thats a real fun job to change on one of these...

There is a slim chance it could be a bad ground I guess but the cam sensor looks ok so I would expect that to show similar signs at the same point if it was a bad ground. 

Its also a bit odd that it is going to 9 or 10V, I will check what voltage by Evo sensor outputs tomorrow, but I kind of expected 5V like the cam sensor.

Isn't that hard to replace if need be. This sensor is nearly new too which is surprising.

Just had a though. When the car had its original ecu they were fitted with an ignition failure module which I deleted a couple of years ago but I piggy backed the crank signal to get a tach signal as the module used to output the tach signal. starting to think it may be that as I have noticed I have also a tach failure coming up on the outputs. where does the tach signal come from for the link ecu? Is it an output from it to the cluster? will try disconnecting that wire tomorrow and see if that fixes the issue. 

Had Some success today removed that wire and from the crank trigger signal and scoped the triggers again and looked normal without any odd spikes and managed to make it run. Thanks for your help Adam was greatly appreciated.  

• 6 months later...
On 7/20/2020 at 11:51 PM, James991 said:

Had Some success today removed that wire and from the crank trigger signal and scoped the triggers again and looked normal without any odd spikes and managed to make it run. Thanks for your help Adam was greatly appreciated.  

Currently wiring up a link xtreme In my legnum. I have also removed IFS and spliced off the crank signal wire to retrieve a tach signal, apon reading this which I'm glad I did I see I'm also going to have to remove the white wire of the crank signal.. My question is how did you go about getting another signal input for the tacho