G4X Evo 4-8 pluging running legnum vr4 6A13TT

James991

Hi Guys,

Trying to wire up the clutch switch for my cruise control on DI10 and have wired it exactly the same as my brake switch on DI5 with 12v into the switch then to the ecu DI. Seem to have the

brake switch working fine but not the clutch. Any ideas?

Secondly I would like to customize the can stream to add a pressure sensor and also see if I can get the cel light and the cruise active light to display on the dash? Have tried a couple of the preloaded lcs files but get odd readings. The best can stream seems the be the links generic mxs 1.2 strada stream but cant seem to be able to customize the frames for that setup.

There was another user a week ago claiming DI10 wasnt working on a evo 8 plug-in too.  Im beginning to wonder if something has changed and it is not connected.  I will ask one of the hardware guys to check on Monday - the only schematic documentation I have for the Evo plug-in at home is a couple of revisions old.

As for the dash it is a bit complicated to explain in a forum post, if you attach your ecu and dash config I will be happy to set it up.

Hi Adam,

Might try another di channel and see will need to get a expansion harness as i have maxed the di's on the headder.

My files configure files are attached ideally want 

Fuel Pressure (If not already there)

coolant Pressure

Cel light

Cruise active light

Thank you 

Mitsubishi VR4 Galant-Legnum G4+ Xtreme Plugin.pclr no2.pclx MXG 1.2 Strada.zconfig

Yes sorry I should have replied here yesterday and forgot.  I found that we have sold some of the first batch of G4X Evo8 ecu's with a revision 1.5 bottom board.  The pinout in the manual is for V1.6.  The main difference between V1.6 & V1.5 that I can see is DI10 has been moved.  So you will find DI10 on your ECU is actually on the expansion 1 connector.  

33 minutes ago, James991 said:

Had a look in the manual and I only have the version 1.5 shown is there a version 1.6 pinout somewhere?

It is labelled wrong in the manual.  The manual is actually V1.6.  

This is what yours will have/V1.5:

PLPtha6.png

1 hour ago, James991 said:

Also did you have any luck with the can frame configurations?

Sorry, I had forgotten about it.  I have run out of time tonight but will have a look tomorrow.  Dont be afraid to chase me again if I forget.

37 minutes ago, Adamw said:

It is labelled wrong in the manual.  The manual is actually V1.6.  

This is what yours will have/V1.5:

PLPtha6.png

Sorry, I had forgotten about it.  I have run out of time tonight but will have a look tomorrow.  Dont be afraid to chase me again if I forget.

All Good I don't like hounding people I recon you are a pretty busy person. As for the board version I might have to pull the board out and see what it is as for now this has confused me as to how my e throttle works fine yet an volt 9 is different on this if this is the version I have? Also don't have a misfire and running 6 cylinder sequential and its on the ecu header not the expansion (IGN 6).

49 minutes ago, Adamw said:

Sorry for the confusion, you are right, that is V1.4 I have posted above.  I dont even have V1.5 in a manual. 

But here is is from the actual schematic.  

NU0F2YK.png

Id say that's it. looks like how its setup.

On 8/4/2020 at 6:31 PM, Adamw said:

Yes sorry I should have replied here yesterday and forgot.  I found that we have sold some of the first batch of G4X Evo8 ecu's with a revision 1.5 bottom board.  The pinout in the manual is for V1.6.  The main difference between V1.6 & V1.5 that I can see is DI10 has been moved.  So you will find DI10 on your ECU is actually on the expansion 1 connector.  

ok good to know my wiring was not the cause... my ECU came from Link on 10 July according to the sticker on the static bag, so seems like they are still being sent out with the old revision boards ?

22 hours ago, James991 said:

Also did you have any luck with the can frame configurations?

Try files below.  I have some doubts I may have the cruise statuses wrong and Im not sure if the CAN auxes are actually working yet but I didnt get to check with the software engineers today.  Look in the live measures screen if CE light and Cruise enabled changes status, for the CE light you can put it in to test mode in PC link.  For cruise you will have to press the on switch.

MitsubishiVR4Galant-LegnumG4XtremePlugin.pclrno2 new CAN.pclx

James991.zconfig

4 hours ago, Adamw said:

Try files below.  I have some doubts I may have the cruise statuses wrong and Im not sure if the CAN auxes are actually working yet but I didnt get to check with the software engineers today.  Look in the live measures screen if CE light and Cruise enabled changes status, for the CE light you can put it in to test mode in PC link.  For cruise you will have to press the on switch.

MitsubishiVR4Galant-LegnumG4XtremePlugin.pclrno2 new CAN.pclx 405.66 kB · 2 downloads

James991.zconfig 629.18 kB · 1 download

Got to setting up the commands on the dash and got stuck as I haven't set up a can channel on the dash to trigger a dash icon before only analogue ones. What do I enter on the screen for the conditions? 

Screenshot (3).png

46 minutes ago, Adamw said:

Before you go that far, are the statuses changing in the live measures screen?

For the alram conditions, 0 means off, 1 means on.  So a condition something like >0 or equal to 1 will do.  

Can see the ce light going on and off but cant see a cruise active output. can see the cruise switch zeroing to turn it on but nothing else.

Screenshot (4).png

10 minutes ago, Adamw said:

Cruise active won’t show active until you’re actually driving with cruise on.  Enable will show any time the switch is on.

I cant see anything cruise state related on this screen only the cruise switch voltage on an volt 8. Unless I'm missing something?

10 hours ago, Adamw said:

Use this map, I changed the cruise lights to virtual auxes as the CAN auxes are fully implemented yet.

You can look at the Virtual aux states on the auxiliarty tab of the runtimes values screen.

MitsubishiVR4Galant-LegnumG4XtremePlugin.pclrno2 new CANB.pclx 405.69 kB · 1 download

Still doesn't show under the virtual aux for either cruise status. Had a win with the check engine though and even shows up on the dash with the test mode.

That is something I just put together to show the relevant parameters only.  You can do anything you want with the layout.  Right click on any blank space (or create a new page if you dont have blank space), >new view>digital gauge, then chose the parameters you want.

Worked it out had my switch tolerance set to zero and its supposed to be zero but was reading 0.01 set it to 0.10 works fine now. Sorry my stuff up. 

last thing I would like to do before the car is tuned. I want to see the fuel level on the dash as a percentage. My sender reads 2 ohms full and 41ohms empty seen a old post of yours for making the rc converter using two resistors a 100 ohm 5v pull up then a 18k to a 1000uf cap. is this likely to work for me?

11 hours ago, James991 said:

last thing I would like to do before the car is tuned. I want to see the fuel level on the dash as a percentage. My sender reads 2 ohms full and 41ohms empty seen a old post of yours for making the rc converter using two resistors a 100 ohm 5v pull up then a 18k to a 1000uf cap. is this likely to work for me?

If you connect it direct to the dash analog input then you dont need the RC Filter as the dash software has filters built-in that are suitable for fuel level.

2 hours ago, Adamw said:

If you connect it direct to the dash analog input then you dont need the RC Filter as the dash software has filters built-in that are suitable for fuel level.

How hard is that to setup on the software side? Had a look for fuel sender options and it wasn't obvious. i was just going to run it through the ecu as it looked more straight forward but can go through the dash as i have one last input left.