Boost solenoid mr2link st185

Dualxeon64

On 9/11/2020 at 9:32 PM, Adamw said:

I would probably set the frequency to 25Hz in the boost control settings, but apart from that it will just be tuning.

I have not been able to get this solenoid to work. I benched tested it and it opens and closes like it should. I have 12v to 1 wire and the other wire to pin 8 as the book says to do. I tried putting it in test pwm and nothing. I do note that pin 8 also has 12v to it. For the 91 toyota mr2 st185 is pin 8 correct?

3 minutes ago, Adamw said:

Yes pin 8 is Aux 3.  So if it is connected to aux 3 and you set it to test PWM and set the frequency to 10Hz, you dont hear it clicking?

No clicking just silence. I thought it might be a faulty solenoid and ordered one just in case but decided to bench test and it seems to function correctly so now I'm just lost.

Yes, the auxes are pulled up to 12V, so it will be 12V when off and gnd when on.  

Actually just rethinking my reply above, since I dont know what sort of test light you have, Im going to change my advice.  Connect one side of the test light to +12V, connect other side to Aux 3/pin 8.  Test light will be off when aux 3 is set to off, and glow when set to test ON.

1 hour ago, Adamw said:

Yes, the auxes are pulled up to 12V, so it will be 12V when off and gnd when on.  

Actually just rethinking my reply above, since I dont know what sort of test light you have, Im going to change my advice.  Connect one side of the test light to +12V, connect other side to Aux 3/pin 8.  Test light will be off when aux 3 is set to off, and glow when set to test ON.

Okay so the test worked on it glowed and off it was it was set to off. When set to pwm it flickered so maybe the solenoid is bad? 

9 hours ago, Adamw said:

Were you using a low frequency such as 10Hz when testing the solenoid?  If you just do test On/Off (not PWM) do you hear the solenoid click?

No click with on off, on low frequency. The new solenoid arrives today I'll test with the new one and update the results.

19 hours ago, Adamw said:

Were 

10 hours ago, Dualxeon64 said:

No click with on off, on low frequency. The new solenoid arrives today I'll test with the new one and update the results.

Update new solenoid  arrived and I got it connected and it is working. Must be something wrong with the other one. Its brand new I guess shipped faulty. I'll talk to the vendor.