Continental ethanol content sensor

Ali Aswad

Good morning. I'm working on a evo 1 with a brand new g4x plug in. Wired a fuel pressure sensor and a ethanol sensor of the expansion cable. The pressure sensor works fine. The ethanol sensor is wired to DI8 and have used the GND pin on expansion port Green wire for sensor ground, 14+ve is pick from a ignition source. Followed the wiring from the help file and turned the pull up resistor on edge is set to falling. Can't get the reading and in runtime valves DI internal status reads = fault ( inactive) 

Can some 1 point me in the correct direction. Same sensor on another car with g4+ works fine and have also tried another sensor which works from another car with no luck.

• 1 month later...
On 12/1/2020 at 2:28 PM, Adamw said:

In G4 it needed to be DI1-6, G4+ needed to be DI1-8, but G4X any DI can be used. 

Do I need to de-allocate the analogue fuel Temp sensor to allow the Flex sensor to be used for fuel temp? Or will the G4+ "automatically" utilise the Flex sensor temp output? (The help guide at least appears to read that is the the case........)

There are two different runtimes - "Fuel Temperature" and "Ethanol Temperature".  Both will still work, but it is the "Fuel Temperature" that is used for the modelled fuel calculation.  

When the analog fuel temperature parameter is not assigned to an input then it will use the ethanol temperature value.

So, if you want to use the flex sensor as the temperature in the fuel equation you will have to set the fuel temperature source to none.  If you still want to keep that analog fuel temp sensor for logging or whatever, then set it up as a GP temp input and call it "fuel temp 2" or similar.