Fury G4+ - Relays staying on after ignition off.

Dean

4 minutes ago, Confused said:

Try the same test, but remove one additional relay at a time from the board, until you find out which one stops it from happening. Then, add the others back one at a time. That should narrow it down to one smaller circuit.

I did that and it traced back to the solenoid supply relay. It supplies 12v to: MAC valve, O2 sensor, ethanol sensor, power steering solenoid, alternator, 3x fuel pump relays, and accumulator relay. 

From there I traced it back to the MAC valve, but then the problem got worse and started to doing it without the valve connected. 
I need to go back and remove everything again because I ran out of time and it’s heading in for a tune. 

I appreciate the help from everyone. I won’t get a chance to see the car again until the new year...

• 4 weeks later...

Update:

The car went on the dyno and made a respectable 545kw at the wheels (1.5JZ GT3582R Gen II, E85), the relay issue didn’t effect the tune luckily.

I looked closer at the Link wiring diagram and noticed the 12V supply for ‘control solenoids’ and ‘relay coils’ didn’t have a relay mentioned. My wiring had the ECU relay triggering another relay to supply 12V to both solenoids and relay coils.

DF8E25E6-B76A-4D59-9B70-F237EB73A4C7.thumb.jpeg.d8f6815dc77c6f4b9184cadfcb2a8578.jpeg

I bypassed this relay and it seems to have solved my problem. I’ll put a small fuse on the ign switch to make sure it’s not drawing too much current. I’m assuming items like boost controller, Flex Fuel sensor, o2 sensor, alternator 12v sense and relay coils won’t draw much current?

EA6C0468-4E2C-4EC5-8B5C-E11E445A7DDF.thumb.jpeg.15c5c4b0e6662686a3e99b868e042cc2.jpeg

From my memory of bench testing and reading the current draw on my bench power supply:

Typical inductive relay triggers draw less than 0.1A
MAC boost solenoid less than 0.1A
Wideband: up to 2A
ECU Logic and power: 0.3A or less
FF Sensor less than 0.1A
Alt sense - never tested but I would imagine extremely low.