Link CAN Lambda stopped working?

Mystefyer

Hi,

I recently installed a Link CAN lambda in combination with a MR2Link V1 - TST185X. Used a relais to connect it al up and it was neatly found by the ECU. But after starting the car a few times the CAN device can no longer be found.

At first I expected a wire to have come loose, but I checked and the CAN Lambda does get power.

Is there a way to test if it is still functional in some way, and what could have caused this?

Regards,

Emile

That suggests the ecu is receiving no data over the CAN bus.  You can confirm the device is getting power by just switching ign on and leaving it for a few minutes, then feel the sensor, if it is warm/hot then that confirms it is getting power.  Once that is confirmed then you need to take a closer look at your CAN bus wiring. 

Hi Adam,

Thanks for the quick reply. I can test that when I am with the car again next year. If the sensor remains cold it means the sensor is broken? I already know the device is getting power since I can measure the voltage on the plug. The device is connected directly to the ECU, no other devices are connected to CAN. Haven't changed any thing on the wiring side, but I can always recheck. 

What do I need to check if the sensor gets warm?

Thanks

your runtimes show the ecu is receiving no CAN data.  So assuming the settings have not been changed since it was working that would suggest it either has no power or no CAN connection.  If the sensor was broken then there would still be CAN and the runtimes would be reporting a sensor error rather than “Off”.

Yeah, thats what I expected. I will double check if the sensor has power by checking if it heats up and double check if the CAN signal wires are still properly connected. Can I measure a voltage on the signal wires to check if the device still has output?

• 3 weeks later...

So turned out one of the pins in the Deutsch connecter wasn't seated properly and popped out when the plug was connected. That is now fixed and CAN Lamda is operantional again. However now the car no longer starts (no ignition it seems) so I fear I messed something up in the ECU settings. Is there a way to export the fuel map, then go back to the base map and reload only the fuel map?

You can copy and paste the entire fuel table to excel or open two instances of PC link (from the bottom tool bar, right click the first instance icon, and then click PC link 2nd from the bottom again).  Make sure your table axis break points are matching before you copy and paste.

On 1/13/2021 at 6:19 AM, koracing said:

You can copy and paste the entire fuel table to excel or open two instances of PC link (from the bottom tool bar, right click the first instance icon, and then click PC link 2nd from the bottom again).  Make sure your table axis break points are matching before you copy and paste.

Right click -> Import/Export -> Export to clipboard and then the same on the one you are copying to but Import from Clipboard, will copy the axes over too (doesn't copy axes, only data if the table has fixed axes)

Can also do a compare between the two maps to see what has changed, open one map -> File -> Compare -> select other map