Changing ignition system

Mr_Flibble

I was wondering if it wwould be possible using a hc92+ to switch to using individual ignitors instead of the built in dizzy and coil ?

I just thiunk the current setup doesn't appear to have a good spark on some of the cylinders so the engine runs poorly 90% of the time.

The giveaway was the cat glowing red hot and the engine vibrating like it wasn't firing on all cylinders.

Thanks

Robert

Stock Honda ignitors use a rising edge, 99% of other ignition modules and coils use falling edge.  Did you change the spark edge to falling in the ignition settings?

Edit; Just realised I read that all wrong.  Yes you can update to coil on plug or whatever you like - but as others have said, it sounds more like you have some other issue.  

Your cat would be colder from all the unburnt fuel, not hotter if your ignition system wasn't keeping up.

The factory ignition system is more than capable, Honda's engineers built it to happily run for 300,000km - it'll run a V8 and still have enough spark left over to start a BBQ... 

Post up what you've got in the 'Ignition Main' section of your setup here.

Have you checked your base timing?