Knock Sensor Monsoon?

Ryan21

According to wiring diagram, knock sensor input for MonsoonX (version 3 and newer) is shared with DI4 at Pin 6...
I have not tried to connect mine yet though.

@Adamw Since knock input is shared with DI4 on Pin 6, would it be possible to use DI4 & knock input at the same time? I am currently using DI4 (active state low), so am am assuming knock signal would then be 'grounded' - which then says I cannot use both at the same time. :unsure: Pls confirm.

4 hours ago, Ryan21 said:

I haven't been able to figure out if it is possible to use a knock sensor on a link monsoon. 

I know you can use the Digital Inputs for a 2nd cam sensor, so that's what made me think it could be done. 

Knock control and analog triggerscope hardware was added to Atom and Monsoon ecus from hardware revision 3.0.  You can find your hardware revision in PC Link>help>ecu information>main board revision.  

2 hours ago, essb00 said:

Since knock input is shared with DI4 on Pin 6, would it be possible to use DI4 & knock input at the same time? I am currently using DI4 (active state low), so am am assuming knock signal would then be 'grounded' - which then says I cannot use both at the same time. :unsure: Pls confirm.

No, depending on which function you have enabled, the pin is connected to different hardware inside the ECU.  

12 minutes ago, Adamw said:

No, depending on which function you have enabled, the pin is connected to different hardware inside the ECU.  

If nothing is selected onto DI4, does Pin 6 default to being knock input? I can't seem to find in Knock Setup how to select knock input.