switching from traditional to modelled

928sg

I set up as traditional to get the engine running, initially, and since I haven't done any tuning yet, would now be the best time to switched to modelled?   I have an alcohol content sensor so eventually I will go to modelled multi.  What is the consensus? 

From what I can understand, it depends mostly on what injectors you have, and whether you have all the necessary correct data - deadtimes, flow rate, short pulse width adder etc.

If you have all the data, then Modelled Mode would be a sensible choice, especially if you're going for various blends of ethanol.

If you don't have accurate injector data, then Traditional might be easier.

I have Injector Dynamics ID725's and I've found the Link Tables to import but the tables seem to be locked for a specific ECU.   They don't make the 725's anymore so don't have that info on their website.   Flow rate info is still available.  I haven a fuel pressure sensor, the alcohol content sensor, which will provide fuel temp as well.

I may be able to get the info from their support.

ShortPulseWidthAdderID725.lte INJDeadtimesID725300kpa.lte