ECU vs DCCD problem

RedZero

Hi guys,

I`ve been building my 2005 Subaru Impreza STI for time attack purposes, so the car has been completely emptied and put back together after the roll cage has been welded in. now I`ve encountered a problem with my DCCD. but I cant really figure out if its a problem given by the ECU  or a general failure from the DCCD system. because every time when I turn off the car, the fault resets itself and cant get a read out on the DCCD system or ECU... 

so the problem is this:

everything is all oke and running just perfect and fine. but when we get at the "racetrack"... and have a go at it. after 10 second WOT, The DCCD goes into open center diff mode. and keeps blinking on the dash. as said before, when I turn off the engine and restart its all back to normal. and then when given the 10 sec WOT it happens again..

Now I `ve made short log of it. can you maybe tell me if something is wrong with my settings somewhere ? I did remove the acc. pedal spacer. but I did the calibration of the APS and TPS.. without success..

if maybe you guys can have a quick look ?

Log and tune in the attachments.

thank you in advance !

Steven

DCCD 10 WOT.llg VPR.pclr

There is no interaction between the engine ECU and DCCD ecu that i can see in this model.  The APS sensor signal is shared with the DCCD ecu, and it also gets a RPM signal from the tacho wire. 

You might have to try a subaru specific scan tool to find what it is not happy about. 

My 05 STI with a g4+ plug in has no DCCD issues. I wonder if it is a accelerator position sensor issue, your open voltage is 5.000V which I assume means its actually over 5V & could cause the DCCD controller issue as well? (mines around 2.9V)

Hi @plox thanks for reading and your reply.

That was exactly what i was thinking since I know the car has a gas pedal "spacer"/"stop". i`ve removed it while painting the interior. but couldnt find it when putting all back together.. that's why I went with the APS and TPS calibration. but I do think the problem is related. ive run the G4+ and DCCD for multiple years. and only now it gives this problem. So if the DCCD module sees more voltage as it should. maybe thats why its giving the error...

To give it a go...

Can you maybe check for me what you APS main and sub values are when at 0 and at 100% ? then maybe I can change it manual.

thnx in advance

Mines 0.660v and 2.908v, but I don't think that'll help you because your pedal has a larger movement range without the spacer (to/over 5.000v). Id install a pedal stopper.

I'd assume they are the same part from any similar model so you should be able to get one from wrecker etc. Otherwise you could get one from partsouq, might take a while to get here though. https://partsouq.com/en/catalog/genuine/unit?c=Subaru&ssd=%24*KwGiloeMz9zP_P3g9fGF__ruzsnXpqmkpbehvNCi1-nl0e22r-XhsqKgpLK9tOTr_fmhobTq7ufW7-uu-aqz3NGh1tLSgo_optamoqOlpqHr6_n1s6ymoaWuuOu--aqz0LXtAAAAANyFFRs%24&vid=0&cid=449&uid=13727&q=JF1GDFKH36G053405

Yes, but that was after the calibration. My thought was...

If I put in the min and max value manually. The voltage should be evenly spread over the longer pedal movement ? So i can use the pedal more gentile... but for the money the part costs.. im going to pay a visit at the subaru dealer.

My thoughts are if you calibrated the ecu so the open value was set to 2.9v, the ecu would see "full throttle/open" at about half of the pedal movement. But the dccd, which you can't calibrate that I'm aware of, is still going to see >=5v which I'm assume is what is causing the dccd fault.

Oke. So i will need to find a new pedal stopper... I`ve looked everywhere in the shop... but cant find it.

Hard to get 2nd hand in the Netherlands, only from the US. but shipping costs are retarded for a little piece of plastic.

search continue`s