Windows 11 Compatibility

Electredge

I believe the USB driver in the current PC Link install doesnt work but I saw the engineers had put together a test version the other day for someone to try.  I havent heard any feedback.  I can give you a copy to try if you have a PC with win 11.  Ive had a look at installing it on one of my spare PC's but none of them meet the requirements at this time.  

9 hours ago, Adamw said:

I believe the USB driver in the current PC Link install doesnt work but I saw the engineers had put together a test version the other day for someone to try.  I havent heard any feedback.  I can give you a copy to try if you have a PC with win 11.  Ive had a look at installing it on one of my spare PC's but none of them meet the requirements at this time.  

send it please, one of my laptops is running windows 11 and I can test it.  [email protected] or post it here :D

Thanks Adam

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
2 hours ago, Robbo said:

Also following, can I grab the test file as well if possible? Thanks

This post is a few months old, the latest pc link version on our website should be compatible with win 11

• 10 months later...

Were you connected ok before trying to update the firmware?

Do you see the Link in the hardware manager under com ports and usb controllers?

I have remote tuned several Link cars now on user laptops running windows 11 without issues.

The current PC Link already has the updated Win 11 compatible driver and I haven't heard of any issues with it. I have been using Win 11 for the last few months now.  

The only 2 causes I have seen for the "update failed" is the main ecu power supply missing (common on Nissans if the main connector is not pushed in fully at the ends) - the ecu will still power up via a backfeed and connect but will brown out when the current draw increases during the update or the 2nd most common cause is connection speed setting in the ecu configuration menu set to slow.  

iqGxVE2.png

When the firmware update has already failed. I cannot go to that page anymore as it is in BOOT mode. i could access connection settings. what is considered FAST for Baud Rate? I never know what Baud Rate to choose for USB2 or USB3?

I just checked the current setting is Connection Speed = Fast and Serial Port Baud Rate = 115200

The connection speed setting that I show above is an ecu setting (not PC Link), this affects things like how long the ecu waits for a response from the laptop etc.  Some laptop USB ports are slow to respond and this has been the cause of many communication issues.  Slow mode is no good for firmware updates however.  The serial port baud rate is of little consequence as far as I know, generally 115200 is used.  Only the initial handshake is done at this speed then it auto negotiates the fastest speed. 

What ecu do you have?  Did you confirm the power supply?  I think since it updates with a different laptop that suggests the power supply is present but I would still confirm as it is the most common cause of the boot mode during an update.  

• 6 months later...