Vipec installation in STI'08 and EvoX

Stimmer

Hello, all

Is there any possibility to make such kind of installation. As I understand the problem is in communicating with factory CAN bus.

I have seen such kind of setup in P-WRC cars. They are runnig Motec m800 plug in ECU in standalone manner and have no problems with can bus.

All systems like stock dashboard, DCCD/ACD and SI-Drive (STI) work.

Thanks in advance.

Hi

No currently this is not an option for either application. The EVO X we have not even looked at so do not know what issues there might be, on the 08 Subaru CAN is the issue and it will require a considerable amount of time spent to find a solution.

Currently we are putting our efforts in to developing other applications.

Hi,

Our company is devoloping a 08-10 STi PnP adaptor for V88, it almost done.

V88_STi_adaptor_800x600.jpg

Most of CAN related functions are working, including SI-Drive as a map selector.

The only exception is VDC, it's a hard part, we are working on it, hopefully it can

be partly working with ViPEC's e-throttle multimap, maybe not. we may need some help from ViPEC though :)

Here is an early test video and a brief:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Hi,

Our company is devoloping a 08-10 STi PnP adaptor for V88, it almost done.

V88_STi_adaptor_800x600.jpg

Most of CAN related functions are working, including SI-Drive as a map selector.

The only exception is VDC, it's a hard part, we are working on it, hopefully it can

be partly working with ViPEC's e-throttle multimap, maybe not. we may need some help from ViPEC though :)

Here is an early test video and a brief:

So you are using some sort of CAN receive template for this? How can that be, as the Vipec has no user adjustable CAN receive parameters? Pretty nice setup, I have a couple of customers who would be interested in 08-10 STi support.

Scott,

Thanks for taking the time to follow up on this.

I am certain many people have become quite curious as to what the new practical capabilities of the i88 translate to with respect to the existing limitations of the previous V88 model.

Cheers!