RPM limit giving up

z.khodr961

Hello,

I have on my personal car a plugin G4+ Xtreme for my twin turbo 350Z.

the RPM limit is set as ignition cut, hard limit is configured to act as well. Still, it happened to me twice, the ECU ignores the limiter and the limiter won't work until i restart the ECU. 

This is not something happening to a change in configuration since I have tuned the car 3 years ago and just recently this is happening. Unfortunately, I was not logging but saw tachometer go to 9000 rpm while the rpm limit is 7k!

What i did not to prevent damaging my engine if this happens again is zeroing out the e-throttle above 7000 rpm. 

I am now automatically doing the same now whenever I tune customers' cars as I heard this happens usually with Link ECU, but what about cars with cable throttle? Any provision for a solution (paging link support guys)

Yes, I have tuned this car 3 years ago. my bread and butter is from tuning customers' car I do it everyday. it cannot be a configuration error. its not only the tacho, i heard my engine as well. and i have tried it on no load when i stopped. didn't work until i restarted the ecu. stats show that engine went to 9100 rpm

1 hour ago, Confused said:

You might not have a log - but can you share your tune?

I can send it privately to whoever it may concern.. but I am sure it is not related to any configuration. same tune, ecu restarted, rpm limit works like a champ again. 

Make sure your firmware is up to date.  There was a bug in older firmware where a specific odd combination of limiter settings and operating events could prevent the limiter from initiating.  This was discovered and fixed a couple of years ago, 5.6.6 or 5.6.7 from memory.  

• 1 month later...

Thanks alot adam ! I will upgrade my firmware! sorry for my very late reply 

On 1/22/2022 at 1:40 AM, Adamw said:

Make sure your firmware is up to date.  There was a bug in older firmware where a specific odd combination of limiter settings and operating events could prevent the limiter from initiating.  This was discovered and fixed a couple of years ago, 5.6.6 or 5.6.7 from memory.