G4+ 350Zlink + AEM aemnet CAN gauge

kpbruka

So I have read that the G4+ is in fact compatible with the AEM can gauge, however I had a few questions regarding the Can system with the 350Zlink.

Is the factory CAN and the additional CAN1 plug on the ECU all running through the same system, or in the CAN setup is CAN1 / CAN2 separate systems and work independently? Mostly due to the gauge not using compound/sequential messaging would it be possible to connect one gauge through the OBD port OEM CAN and one to the CAN1 plug on the ECU and run additional channels?

You will have to connect the gauge to CAN 1 (Not the OBD port), the vehicle can modes are set up so that they are the only thing on that CAN Bus to prevent aftermarket devices interfering or clashing with factory messages.

Factory CAN is on CAN 2, CAN 1 isn't used for anything related to the factory vehicle CAN system.

CAN 1 and CAN 2 are completely independent separate buses and can even run at different Bit Rates

If you want to run two gauges then you can have them both connected to the same bus, they just need to be on different ID's.  The AEM instructions will tell you how to change the gauge ID from the default.  

Then in PC Link you will set up separate receive streams for Lambda 1 and Lambda 2 on ID's to match each gauge.    

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, I'm also wiring in a couple of AEM gauges using CAN on my N350X. My question is just whether the bus also requires a terminating resistor at the opposite end of the bus to the ECU?

And if so, can you literally just wire in a 120ohm resistor across the high low wires? Sorry, I've really struggled to get a real life examples of how people do this.

Yes, the bus should be terminated at both ends.  The ECU has one built in so that takes care of one end, the AEM gauges dont so you want to add one at the far end of the bus.  

There are many ways to terminate, below is how I do it for a road car, not shown in this pic but after assembly I fill the back with RTV instead of the seal to support the resistor. 

Lebapdr.pngERhZyqz.png