G4x (firmware version 6.21.24) CAN bus issue with AEM Series X UEGO

zaihas.chan

Hi,

I'm having issue with AEM series X which the data received was weird.

I have checked 2 of customers ECU (XtremeX and AtomX) both updated to latest version 6.21.24 having same issue.

Wiring is confirmed (AEMNET + connected to CAN H, and AEMNET - connected to CAN L) with both having 120Ohm termination resistor)

Setup and log are attached

Thanks!

Zaihas

04-atomx.pclx 03-xtremex.pclx can-aem-series-x-issue.llgx

I'm having issues with my Lambda setup. I have AEMNET + connected to CAN H, and AEMNET - connected to CAN L. It has a 120Ohm termination resistor at the gauge and and nothing at the ecu connector as I've read it has a built in resistor. I cant get the ecu to communicate with the aem x series gauge over can. I have attached my tune. The Lambda 1 is set to aem x series and I've followed the setup to create a channel using the pre assigned x series file. 

Thanks,

Paul

pauls e throttle tune_1.pclx

I changed the setting and still no communication from the can network. when I try to find the device it never appears. I have talked to customer support and found that the plug and play jzx100 ecus were defective from the factory. If anyone else is having this issue with this ecu I suggest you contact link right away to have it fixed. Im hoping link ecu does the right thing and covers the shipping back to them as well. 

Thanks,

Paul

On 3/24/2022 at 5:00 PM, Pauly_FD said:

when I try to find the device it never appears

Only Link devices show up in the CAN Devices tab.

On 3/24/2022 at 5:00 PM, Pauly_FD said:

I have talked to customer support and found that the plug and play jzx100 ecus were defective from the factory

If you are referring to CAN 1 not being connected CAN 2 is connected should be able to be used in parallel with the dash temperature stream. It also looks like you have overwritten Stream 1 with your Lambda setup which will cause issues for you, you should have your Lambda setup on Stream 2.

• 1 month later...
14 hours ago, Vaughan said:

So the gauge is on CAN 1 and is set to ID 1 in the gauge?

I have the gauge set to lambda ID 1. Should I change the mode to Can instead of Lambda? I didn't realize there was a can mode i figured it would just talk once it was wired up.

16 hours ago, Vaughan said:

So the gauge is on CAN 1

This is referring to the ECU CAN Bus of which there are two

I've just realised that you have a JZX100 plugin and so your CAN 1 isn't actually hooked up to the CAN plug.

Capture.PNG

Is getting CAN 1 connected what you mean when you say "I have gotten my ecu back from being fixed"?

Ok, I found your tech support case, so it appears they have connected CAN1 to the socket.  So your map above should work.  However in your support case there is a note from the service technician that he originally had trouble getting CAN to work with your map.  When he loaded a new map in it all worked.

I have just tested your map in another ecu on the bench and it works ok for me so Im not sure if that comment above is relevant - but I think worth eliminating.   

So, can you try loading in the map below and see if Lambda 1 then shows a valid number.  You wont need to run the engine, just ign on should be all it needs.  

Toyota JZX100 7Bar Plugin CAN test.pclx

Just loaded the tune in and with the key on the lambda shows 6.554 maxed out the gauge on the ecu. This appears to be working for me now and I'm guessing that's the normal reading for engine off gauge on. Thank you everyone with the help. I will be changing that tune to work with my previous changes. 

20220527_211306.jpg