OBD CAN communication problem

monsterjet72

Hello! I have roblem whith OBD on G4X. I need to coonect DAMD steering weel to Link ECU. It is connect whithout any problems on G4+but on G4X with same setings it dosent work at all. After connecting control lamp to CAN wire I see that on User Defined I dosent have anithing but on others protocols I have some signals (on G4+ I have signal on User Defined). Video below.

This is how OBD2 works.  it is a request to send protocol.  The ecu will not send out any CAN data until the OBD2 "scanner" requests the data.  This is why your lamp doesnt show any activity.  The steering wheel needs to request the data that it wants before the ecu will send any data.  

Yes, I understand the principle of CAN messages, but the fact is that on the G4 + the steering wheel works, but the si drive does not work due to the lack of Subaru protocol. We bought a G4X for this car and got a working si drive but no steering wheel. Today I will try to read the incoming CAN packets from the steering unit to find out the request for broadcasting packets from the link ecu  for OBD2.

Edited by monsterjet72

15 hours ago, Adamw said:

This is how OBD2 works.  it is a request to send protocol.  The ecu will not send out any CAN data until the OBD2 "scanner" requests the data.  This is why your lamp doesnt show any activity.  The steering wheel needs to request the data that it wants before the ecu will send any data.  

Issue resolved! Adamw Thanks for the tip. In our case with the G4X, the steering wheel did not receive data broadcast request packets for the G4X, the steering ecu was reprogrammed to the diagnostic request parameter by rebooting and resetting the jumpers. But the most interesting thing is that G4 + constantly broadcast packets in CAN. Now everything works. In order not to produce topics, I want to ask about ABS, this is the last device that could not be started with the G4X installation. ABS complains about the unreliability of the ecu and CAN, is there a solution to this.

Did you try both the key start and button start CAN stream?  These two variations have a small difference in the ABS messages, if you have the wrong one the ABS lamp will remain on.  Note you need to key off/on after changing the setting for the chassis to see the changes. 

Yes, the start button protocol was turned on, I chose a different start protocol with the key and the incorrect ABS VDC error disappeared, only error C0047 remained, I can assume that this is the fault of the ABS unit itself, since it is with automatic transmission, the car was made SWAP. Made an order for an ABS block from the GRB 6MT model.