R32 GTR Cylinder 5 Misfire

noz_mac

Hey folks, I've got an interesting situation that has stumped me for the past couple of weeks. My R32 GTR does not get any pulse to injector number 5. I've checked continuity, swapped out low impedance injectors for high impedance with a resistor ballast bypass kit, and I've check my CAS and ignitor chip as well. I ran a trigger scope and did get a weird result which I've included below. I think I might have a bad ecu (link G4+) but I cannot verify it and it's also highly unlikely. I have rewired the car to ensure that I haven't missed anything but still no luck. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

triggerscope screenshot.jpg

I'll try to upload the file here, Yes I did run a test and swapped the "dud" 5 into 4 to confirm and no pulsing. Even when running and at higher RPM the pulse refuses to come on. 12.5 on the connector from my last test two weeks ago but I can redo it tomorrow again. 

Trigger Scope Log 2022-09-3 8;40;28 pm.llg

If you are sure you are getting no pulse from pin 110 when injector 5 is in test mode then contact tech support to get the ecu inspected.  Make sure you are using an LED test light or similar so it is fast enough to see the very short pulse.  

• 4 months later...

Alright so I figured I'd post again in this thread now that I've had a chance to get back to my car (was traveling for work for nearly half a year). Got the LED test light out and ran a couple of Injector Tests between pins 110, 112, and 114. 112 and 114 appear to be working fine but 110 does not pulse but rather is a constant solid light. This is leading me to believe that the ECU injector drive is fried and that the ECU is no longer grounding out my injector causing the misfire and lean condition. So here's my question to everyone, how do I go about getting this ECU repaired. Is it best to contact a local Link dealer and try to have it fixed in Canada or should I try to see what customer service can do and then mail out my ECU and potentially not have it back for a month plus etc. I'm new to Link products and I've never had a dud aftermarket ECU before. Thanks for the advice and help in advanced!

Contact [email protected] so they can raise a ticket, they will give you a form to fill out and instructions were to send it etc.  

Typically you would only need to return it to your closest Link warehouse and they would do a basic test to confirm the fault then ship back to NZ for repair. Even DHL is taking about 1 week each way at the moment so probably 3 weeks is about what I would expect.  If you are in a hurry then you could ship directly to NZ to cut out a couple of steps.  

• 5 months later...

Just wondering if anyone on here knew which mosfet is for injector 5 pin 110. After some testing it is 100% a failed mosfet, unfortunately I cannot determine which one it is. I was going to replace all six but would like to keep heat down to a minimum on the board to ensure nothing else gets too hot. Thanks!

The ECU is 10 years old and I am not the original purchaser. Warranties are non-transferable. If anyone does know which mosfet is connected to pin 110, I would greatly appreciate it. I did end up ordering another ECU in the meantime and it should be here on monday. A set of ten ST mosfets runs about 22 CAD so I am okay with ordering those as well.

I suggest returning it to Link.  It still has a warranty and will likely be a free repair provided it is not damaged due to some misuse.  They are difficult to replace without damage to surrounding components and depending on the specific hardware versions they may replace them all.  After repair it will be run through the same production testing as a brand new ecu to ensure everything is operating within spec and calibrated, as well as re-conformal coating etc.