converting wasted spark to squential spark

Whiterabbitrexy

Hi everyone i have a 1998 wrx GF8 ej20 Manuel and the factory ecu has wasted spark.....my new g4x plug and play ecu has the option to change in the software from what i know...but how will i go about to change this ?

i want to use Toyota prius coils because the 2jz guys use this for there 1000hp engine builds.  

On this ecu the Ign 3 &4 drives are used for 2 radiator fans originally (Pin 31&39).  

So what I would do is get an expansion loom, this has Ign 7 &8 drives on it, you can snip the fan wires off Ign 3 &4 and connect to Ign 7 & 8 instead.  Then run two new wires from pin 31 & 39 to the new coils on Cyl 3 & 4.  Coils for Cyl 1 & 2 will be connected to Ign 1 &2 that are going to the original wasted spark coil.  

• 11 months later...

I'm about to undertake this also. PNP V5/6.

Do I have to mess around swapping the factory wiring, or can I just get the ECU to fire 1,2,7,8? (7/8 being the expansion loom).

Ign 3 is currently a factory thermo output and Ign 4 was a second fan, but been changed to a second, staged, fuel pump.

• 2 months later...