G4+ MAP sensor failed?

R32jess

Have an s15 G4+ with an odd onboard Map sensor issue. I have used the 4 bar calibration and it’s reading 57kpa (0.66v) at atmospheric pressure, I believe the onboard map sensor has failed?

I am also having trouble with the link can lambda, I have configured the can side of it, it’s showing as detected and no faults but I cannot get a value out of it, (also has a link can gauge on a can splitter that’s working fine) 
any help would be appreciated thanks. 

• 2 weeks later...

The 4 bar MAP sensor elements have been obsolete for a couple of years now so are pretty hard to find.  7Bar will work but you do lose some reasolution with a 7bar on a G4+.

I suspect Link would have some in stock for G4+ repairs, you can try querying [email protected] to get an idea on cost to replace it.   

Your lambda set up looks ok and the status shows it is waiting for the engine to start.  Does it not come alive when the engine is running?  I will need to see a log if thats the case.  

• 4 weeks later...

Stock narrowband O2 heater wiring is probably insufficient for the wideband power supply. You can try adding a 22uF capacitor, as per the Alternative Wiring in the manual, which may help, otherwise you'll want to improve that power supply with some thicker wires.