UK based Tuners

liamcafs

Thanks to Adams help on my other thread I'm all set to pull the trigger on an Extreme ecu for my Volvo B8444s v8 project.  Quad vvt, e throttle, cop etc.  

I contacted a number of UK dealers today  and whilst they all seem more than happy for me to drop the best part of 2k with them.  The only link dealer who is near me isn't willing to scratch setup my engine as they're not familiar with it.  They were very helpful and generous with their time on the phone however.  I'm still waiting for the next closest 2 places to get back to me regarding setup/mapping however.

Does anyone have any uk based recommendations for places that will be happy to scratch setup and tune my "unusual" engine.  

Thanks in advance. 

Liam Mc

Don't forget the massive amount of help you can get from here.

For the basics, you could start with any base map, if you've got good injector data, then you could use the Monsoon sample for the basic shape of the fuel table and an ignition table.

The Trigger Scope can be used to help pick the correct triggering settings, and all other inputs and outputs are down to how you wire it up.

Once you have it basically running, any half competent tuner should be able to do the rest.

Many thanks!  I'm feeling a lot more confident now.  I was a little worried to begin with!  I also posted a question on the Link Facebook group for UK tuner  recommendations.  I'll cross post those here maybe to help anyone coming behind with similar questions.

Facebook is terrible for anyone coming later (even an hour later and you can struggle to find a post you know you've seen before!) - forums are definitely where it's at.

The Help within the PC Link application is also utterly fantastic - it doesn't just only tell you what the buttons are, but it actually also explains a lot of the theory and why, you will learn a lot from that, plus browsing this forum.

I also asked this question on the Facebook link group and the following UK based tuners were suggested.  I add them here to help others should they seek the same information

MB Garage Service and Motorsport

Bailey Performance in Telford

Dynatune in East Kilbride

Autodynamix