Wastegate Duty Cycle Problem

ozzy

I have wrx v3-4 plugin play. When i switch to close loop boost control it seems like tune randomly(not always) keeps pulling my wgate dc for no reason even though basically i am running open loop(pid values all zeroed). In open loop mode there is no issue. But i want faster spool hence why i at least need stage 1 

Here is the log file and tune.

Latest.pclr latest log.llg

Dont mind log AFR it wasnt calibrated properly. 

image.jpeg.b118b955872888b9f410d3994fbefbce.jpeg

How is that even possible. My boost target is 260kPa. Look at 4th gear pull and this is a random occurence. Most of the time it doesnt. Check 4th gear pull. 33% wg dc all the way to the redline.

Here you go two different logs no problems on theseLog 2022-11-14 3;54;20 pm.llg

Log 2022-11-14 3;54;24 pm.llg

oh maybe its the same issue when you switch from 2 axis to just one. I have read couple of people having different values in their tune file after switching to single axis

image.jpeg.9a62c82b227754a5b6404897f30586e7.jpeg

Oh thanks Adam. Its the same problem. It was gear based boost target and i switched to single axis without changing all the values since i have enough traction in all gears i didnt need boost by gear.

31 minutes ago, Brad Burnett said:

Change the load axis on the WG duty table to target boost and not MAP

Is there a difference between MAP and target boost. Cause i have seen Simon and Adam say it doesnt matter as they are the same thing basically multiple times.

image.thumb.jpeg.0027ee5457978066f8813986f21c0658.jpeg

@Adamw 

Is there a difference between the two.

16 minutes ago, ozzy said:

Is there a difference between MAP and target boost. Cause i have seen Simon and Adam say it doesnt matter as they are the same thing basically multiple times.

image.thumb.jpeg.0027ee5457978066f8813986f21c0658.jpeg

@Adamw 

Is there a difference between the two.

yes, MAP is the actual sensor reading where as Target Boost is a lookup table. Boost control will not work with MAP as the axis, has to be target boost.