Secondary Fuel Pump Setup G4+

mig23t

Hey guys, couple of questions;

Just needing someone to help me out here in-case Ive got the set up incorrect. I'm using a radium twin in-tank fuel pump set up. Primary pump is wired correctly and starts the car, just need to know if I'm on the right track with number 2 pump.

Pump 2 relay: Battery+ 30a fuse to pin 30 on the relay, pin 87 to the 2nd fuel pump + . To trigger the pump I've wired IGN#8 from a XS loom to 86, 85 is +12v source (spliced this with fuel pump 1 relay wiring) - Am i on the correct path with this relay wiring?

And secondly, I'm wanting to stage the secondary pump so its activated at a certain map pressure. Am I correct in saying that once pump #2 is designated as IGN#8 on the ecu that I'll need to set up a table to do this? Could someone give me a detailed run down on how to set that table up? I had a look through the help files in pc link, and kept coming up with No topics found :wacko::lol:

Thanks, Mick.

Wiring is correct as described, just make sure that the 12v source on 85 is switched with key.

Set up general purpose out put as IGn8 and switch conditions to Map > X.

I would add conditions to secondary fuel pump to include if the primary pump is on, differential fuel pressure < Y, Inj duty>Z, etc. 

You can get creative with adding different logic to trigger the second pump.

Thanks @Brad Burnett 

Adding these conditions is a very new concept to me, I’m not planning to tune the car myself. Just looking to get a base understanding and how to set these types of things up. I’ll connect pclink and have a look around/ create the table but will leave the rest for the tuner :lol:

I’ll double check pin85 on the number 2 relay is switched via keying the ignition. Cheers mate

• 3 weeks later...

In G4+ you need to go to the pin that you want to use and set the function there.  So example below for ign 8.  I have used 2 conditions, both must be true for the sec fuel pump to activate.  The first condition is Ign 5 must be ON - this is your main fuel pump so having this condition will shut off the sec pump in the event of an accident or similar.  2nd condition is MAP >120kpa, so basically as soon as you start to spool it switches on.  Its better to switch it on "too early" as you will always get erratic AFR when the 2nd pump kicks in so best to have this happen at lower load.

x3jaDFy.png