Multiple Calibrations.

k4nnon

Hey all G4x Evo 9 PnP unit here. I just wanna make sure my thought process is seemingly correct. Iv searched this and im sure the answers are out there somewhere but id rather not do so much digging. If I want to run multiple calibrations and have them on a switch such as a low boost cal and a high boost cal, the proper way to do this would be to run the switch as an input and then run multiple boost/fuel/ignition tables that pull up only when the switch is activated correct. Or does this multi cal system need to be configured in virtual configuration to only run the higher boost maps when the correct conditions are met such as the switch being activated? I can do either, just looking for info on how others are doing the same thing and if there is a better/correct/incorrect way to do this. Thanks for any input!

Are you talking about different boost levels on the same fuel?  The tables for the fuel and timing would theoretically all be on the same single fuel and timing table, but you would just end up running in a different area of the tables when the boost is set to go higher.  It wouldn't be hard to set up closed loop boost targets or open loop duty tables using a variable switch input as an axis (like a rotary position switch with multiple settings).  You could then use this same input as an axis or trim on various other tables like map limit or rpm limit or whatever you can dream up. 

Hey thanks for the input, yes it would be different boost levels for the same fuel. I wasnt sure if different boost on a rotary switch could referance once tuned individual map or if each rotary position needed its own copied dedicted fuel/timing tables. But if all will work referencing one map then that makes work easier. My main goal is to set up a rotary switch with different boost levels such as 20psi/25psi/30psi. thats a difference from about 450whp-700whp in my vehicle, but say position 1 equals low boost, position 2 is medium and so on. Thanks for the input that has answered some questions..