Pin out G4X HC92X for use all output

Manes

Hello,

Is it possible to have all the outputs of the G4X PCB ( pinout diagram ) ? I have an HC92X plugin version and I need to use unwired outputs (ignition and aux). I have already made a bridge to add the knock sensor and I really need all additional output of the G4X.

Thanks 

As far as I'm aware, The reason that the Plug-in ECUs are priced as competitively as they are compared to the Wire-In ECUs because they have those limited inputs and outputs, and you'll notice your Honda one is cheaper than some other Plug-In versions which use more of the inputs and outputs.

Do I totally agree with this, knowing there might be unused potential I can't get to?

Yes, but also no.

Yes, because I want it, but No because I paid less than the cost of an Xtreme wire-in to get into the Link ecosystem on my car.

It's a trade-off.

Yes and the HC96x version which is the same price has the available output.

There is no compromise here... When I look at the comparative table the G4X plugin is given with outputs. It is not noted that it depends on the version purchased, right?

The price just depends on the vehicle and therefore the target clientele... the laws of the market...

G4X cards are identical on all models technically finding all the corresponding output thanks to another model is not insurmountable but it's ridiculous ...

Is it better that I spend time finding all this information to finally share it on other forums to avoid that others live the same situation or that I am given the information here?

Ummm... If I may butt in, the way I see it is that you have purchased an ECU with all the specs black & white and that's all you get.

Link has the intellectual property for the PCB pinout diagram which surely they won't give out --- as surely any other ECU manufacturers wouldn't.

Just if ever you figure it out yourself and made modifications on the PCB, be reminded the warranty is invalidated.

Soldering a wire to a pin, I don't call that a modification... Moreover once removed it is almost invisible if the job is good . I don't understand your reasoning since the HC96X version has a lot more output available for the same price... In the worst case, with an oscilloscope, identifying the output by running a test with the software on the desired output is feasible. In short, you understand that not giving the information just wastes time but is not at all a dam...

If indeed the referents of the forum do not wish to communicate anything, I would manage all alone but it is a pity.

If you touch the ecu with a soldering iron - it could void the warranty.  Not everyone who solders knows what they are doing.  That said, you can always send the ecu back to link and they will solder wires to it for any outputs you want for some charge I'm sure.  If you have  the list of what you want to do I'm sure they can help you out.

To your other point - others have indeed figured out the pinout and link has explicitly asked them not to share it.

I've been soldering PCBs for a long time, I know what I'm doing, so I'm not going to pay Link to do it for me.

If Link can do it, if I send him my link, it's exactly the same as giving me the pinouts I would have them for all the following Link that I would have in my hands.

I understand that it is not possible to share the information in public but why not in pm then?

If I can't have the answer directly I will find my answer on my own as I said but it's really a shame. 

And how would you expect Link to know your level of soldering/rework ability or anyone's outside of their control?  Think about it from their point of view. The boards all have some type of conformal coating on the pins to make them weather/dust/moisture resistant - are you equipped to reapply a new coating?  How do you strain relieve wire connections made directly to the pins? Are you performing repairs in a properly grounded ESD safe environment?  These are just a couple of reasons I imagine Link has the policy they do.

Don't get me wrong, I'm somewhat on your side here as I also have some extensive PCB assembly experience going back to the early 90s (even experience micro-soldering ultrasound cables under a microscope with conductors finer than human hair). I have even performed a small repair to a Link PCB on behalf of the VP of Sales for Link North America.  That said I still understand that any modifications to the ecus I make are potentially voiding the lifetime warranty. 

I have already made several bridges and clearly on my HC92X card there is clearly no protection on the pins... and anyway my model is not identified IPxx. Like I said if done well it's invisible. At the limit the subject is not there it is especially to have to identify the output of the G4X and to waste time to do it.