RB26 in R33 GTST no spark and injection

shorty_990

Hey there,

i am having some trouble with my R33 GTST to RB26 swap and hope somebody could help me get my engine started. :) ( using R33 GTR loom)

I'm still having the problem, that the engine is cranking but there is no spark or injection..i checked the ignition and injector wires and they all bing to the ECU. Also the triggers are working and my sensors doing their job without failing. The only thing i randomly found while binging the cables was, that the pin 58 which belongs to 12+ Battery, has 12.3v but it is somehow grounded to the chassis.. meaning it bings by connecting the multimeter from 58 to the car chassis... how is this even possible? open shortcut? i checked for broken cables and so ob but couldn figure it out.. do you guys have any ideas? Blown ECU?

Also the ignition and injection test won't work.

Thank you 

regards

tom

Screenshot_20230410-005151.jpg

Screenshot_20230410-005047.jpg

Can you perform a datalog of it cranking, and a trigger scope and post them up here as well as the tune file? 

Here's a link to how to perform a datalog:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_P1LRANeO4A&t=6s

The trigger scope function is under ECU -> Trigger Scope.  You have to click capture after you start cranking the car and continue cranking until a wave form pops up on the display - then save it.

Do you have power to coil positive pins and the other (non-ecu) pins on the injector connectors with the key on?  

Pin 58 on the GTR link is listed as being an ISC (flywheeling) power pin so it likely shows the potential through the inductor of 12v.  I'm guessing that assuming it's an inductive load (just needs current flowing through it), it has both power and ground on each side of the inductor, but may have low enough resistance to "bing" out to ground.

So i did the scope and logg, see the attachment please.

I also checked the plugs from ignition and injection. Key in on- position 

Ignition Plug 3-pins:

grey no voltage bings ground

white no voltage no bing

black no voltage no bing

Injection plug 2-pin:

red blue no bing no voltage

white green no bing no voltage

Hope you guys can see smth wrong with my logg or others

Trigger Scope Log 2023-04-10 1;54;28 pm.llg RB26 no spark and inj.llg R33_rb26_base.pclr

You've got good triggers and RPM signal.  The ecu is commanding spark and fuel injectors.  If you have no power at the coil/coils and the injectors the ecu can't do much about it as the ecu is providing the ground/trigger signals to these devices and does not provide power to them.  I would trace back power to your ignition relay and ignition switch and see where you're losing the power that should be going to the injectors and coil/coils.

Thanks for your help so far, i checked the loom, good connections to all plugs and i also replaced the ignition power pack..but still no 12v

Is it possible to try, give 12V to the coils and injectors and start? That might not fix the problem but would give a little clearance :)

Hello again, a short update, i just found a broken connector to the dropping resistor and the eccs relay's, so now i have 12v on my ignition coils and the injectors...but next problem is coming up(..or still there) ..so when i tried to crank the engine, there is still 12v on ignition and injection and also it has good ground, but there is no signal coming from the ECU..i measured it while starting, but neither of the 2 systems getting a signal. Are there any other things to check on?

How much voltage should the signal that comes from the ECU produce?

regards 

@rrob using oem injectors with resistor wired in.

How are you measuring this?

I would just perform an injector and igniter test within the PCLink software and you should hear the injectors ticking and plugs sparking as you do it if your environment is quiet enough.

That way you can be 100% sure they are operating. If it still doesn't fire you've probably got a trigger offset issue.

I'm going to assume the answer to this is yes, but is the ecu unlocked?

The ecu isn't going to provide much voltage and also not for any length of time on the injector drives.  The injectors will be grounding through the ecu so there is probably not a measurable voltage to the injectors.  The Igniter signal is 5v I think, but not 100% certain on that and will only be on for a few milliseconds at a time anyway.

@rrob using oem injectors with resistor wired in.

@DerekAE86 tried with an multimeter, before i also did the ignition test and injection test, but with no spark or ticking injectors

ECU is unlocked yes, i will disassembly the GTRLink from the housing and look for some potentially damage.

I also double checked the 12v comnector pins to the ECU and the grounding pins, they are all good so far.

If the ECU is commanding the injectors to fire, and the coils to fire, and you have power to the injectors and coils, then something is not wired correctly or the ecu isn't actually sending signals to fire despite what the log says.  I'm inclined to think the ecu is most likely working properly which would lead to a wiring issue.  Do you have a noid light you can plug into the injector locations to see if it's flashing?

Hello again, i just found the fault, somehow the G4+ ECU got broke, but also the pre owner didn't know why..see pictures.

But anyway i just purchased a G4X GTRLink now and was asking if someone could help me to copy the configuration files and my mapping grom the G4+ to the G4x. That would be a great help :)

IMG-20230422-WA0005.jpeg

IMG-20230422-WA0007.jpeg

@koracing yep thats the old one,i would be very thankful if you could copy my configurations and map to the new one :)

@adamw i thought about that too and double checked the pins for the right voltage, it's possible that there went something wrong with the "self-made" harness the previous owner used..i am now using a wiring specialties harness

R33_rb26_base.pclr

@koracing yep thats the old one,i would be very thankful if you could copy my configurations and map to the new one :)

@adamw i thought about that too and double checked the pins for the right voltage, it's possible that there went something wrong with the "self-made" harness the previous owner used..i am now using a wiring specialties harness

Jumper setting is right as in picture?

16825949965288126247119456875919.jpg

I'm going through this map and if this is a starting point base map, I'm not sure why some of the stuff would be set up the way it is...  but here's the G4x version as close as I could get to what you had.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/imrhnw3jjw1mcoz/R33_rb26_base_g4x.pclx?dl=0

Hi there, big thanks for writing the file :)

So update is now..i can perform ignition test with great spark but when i do the injector test there is no result somehow, so i will check the wiring to the ecu again and give info.