Subaru V11 Excessive lower board

FIS

I believe there are two sizes of ECU boards and cases, so the board is designed to have section that can be removed by the end user, if necessary.

I've not personally had experience with a Link board of this type, but traditionally on circuit boards designed in this way they will snap off, or can be carefully cut with sharp cutting pliers or with a knife.

As far as I know this particular ecu shouldn't have that front bit left on there like that.  I'll double check with engineering at work tomorrow so hold off doing anything drastic until then, but I suspect it will already have a score machined into it so it should snap off with your fingers.   

Can you give me the serial number off that ecu as well please so I can check if it is a whole batch issue or a 1 off.  

14 hours ago, Adamw said:

As far as I know this particular ecu shouldn't have that front bit left on there like that.  I'll double check with engineering at work tomorrow so hold off doing anything drastic until then, but I suspect it will already have a score machined into it so it should snap off with your fingers.   

Can you give me the serial number off that ecu as well please so I can check if it is a whole batch issue or a 1 off.  

Serial No 506409

2 hours ago, Adamw said:

@FIS  I can confirm that extra part of the board should just snap off quite easily, it should have been removed by us before it shipped sorry.  

Thank you