Trouble with Digital Inputs not outputting 12v

Harry buscema

I’m using a evolink 4-8 and trying to hook switches up to DI 5-6-10 which are all next to each other, DI 5 works fine and outputs 12v with the settings pullup- ON / On level - low 

but I’ve wired DI 6 - 10 the same as 5 but can’t seem to get a 12v out to the switch, 

thanks 

17 hours ago, Adamw said:

DI 6 has a pull-down on it to work with the factory AC switch.  DI10 should work provided you have a V1.6 or later bottom board.  The non-ethrottle boards didnt have DI10.  

I see I see, any recommendations of which ports I can use for another 2 on-off switch’s?, I have a non-e throttle board. 

• 1 month later...
On 5/11/2023 at 5:16 PM, Adamw said:

You likely have DI7/8/9/10 on the expansion connectors.  DI6 can be used but it would 12V from the switch.

Hi Adam, I’ve recently bought the expansion cable, a setup Di 8 with the settings, Off - ON - Low -Rising. Seeing a 10v output on the cable but Di 8 isn’t being activated when the cable is grounded. Any thoughts? Thanks

50 minutes ago, Adamw said:

That should work.  So you are just touching the DI8 and ground wire on the expansion loom together?  What function is the DI set to?

Have it set as just clutch switch, yep just holding to a ground bolt on the car to test it, 

2 hours ago, Adamw said:

I would bridge direct to the ground pin in the expansion connector with a paperclip or similar to rule out the ground and wire.

tkmfjhA.png

Hi Adam, I’ve tryed your suggestion, I’ve linked photos of what the connecter looks like, so I’ve connected brown to green and di8 still shows as off, never goes active, I’ve placed a multimeter in between and it down 9.7v so it’s definitely grounding on the green cable 

IMG_5857.jpeg

IMG_5867.jpeg