afr going lean on throttle and rich when lifting

av8

Hi,

Just running through some logs and I'm seeing something a bit weird.

On light throttle, the AFR immediately runs lean, and then when I lift off, it goes rich (see graph below)....seems to do the opposite of what I would expect?  [G4X on RB25DET with Link CanLambda, Bosch 1000 injectors] running CLL where AFR line is straight

Any thoughts? if you need more info just shout.

image.thumb.jpeg.d6551702ca9f829a122d9e966613e076.jpeg

I couldn't find a way to truncate or trim the log file so I've tried to compress it, but can't get the file below 3.8MB, so I'm going to have to do another run and create a smaller log filer

Mostly I would say it related to your VTC kicking on and off due to the "MAP > 65kpa" condition that someone has set. 

Contributing to the "lean tip in"; I suspect there is also not quite enough accel enrichment and the fuel table has a bit of an unrealistic shape to it like it hasn't actually been tuned. It looks like there is a patch around -20kpa, 1500-2000 RPM where it is a little lean. 

As for "rich on lift off"; this is pretty normal - when you lift off and the vacuum suddenly increases this evaporates some fuel off the port walls.  Your VTC kicking off at the same time is exaggerating this.    

Hi, Thanks for the info, I'll take a look at the accel enrichment settings and the fuel map.

Regarding the VTC, it's set similar to the base map. Mine is 'RPM>1200 and RPM<4400 and MAP>65kPa'  .... (Base map is >1200 <5400 >65kPa) ... should i change it to a higher kPa? and maybe a longer 'Off delay'?

If your engine runs then the base map has done its job, you now need to tune it.  Typically to find the best switch points for a switched cam you do a run on the dyno with VTC off and another with VTC on full time, then overlay them, where the lines cross is your optimum switch point.  Im pretty sure the last VTC RB i done was on around 2000 & off at 5300 but it was quite a few years back and im going from memory.  Im not sure if I even used a load condition.