Issues with trying to set base ignition

M1tch

Hi there,

Just checking my base ignition in terms of trigger calibration, have been trying using the help file but its not adjusting at all so not sure what I am doing wrong!

Trigger offset is currently set to 140 in the ECU file, I opened the set base timing whilst the engine was idling and the default setting was at 0 degrees BTDC which pulled the timing to a positive figure when using a strobe light.

I then had the engine off, opened up the 'set base timing' option, set it to 10 degrees and started the engine, it idled at around 5 degrees BTDC which means that its probably around 5 degrees retarded to where it thinks it is.

Changing this value when the engine is running to say 145 does NOTHING at all to the timing that I can see on the strobe light - would have thought that at 140 degrees offset = 5 degrees then 145 degrees offset should mean 10 degrees and match with the locked value.

Do I need to have the engine off, press the set base timing option, set the figures to 10 degrees lock timing AND the offset to 145 before starting the engine? Thought you were able to change things on the fly without needing to come out and back in again.

Even if I set the value to 145 and press Done it still has the offset values set to 140 so ignores the change anyway.

image.png.68dd0a13f69367bea5da35f9490154f3.png

You perform this action with the car running.

Open this screen, and you adjust that cell AND THEN PRESS ENTER to set the change.

It seems people rarely read the Help... :( 

image.thumb.png.4f9df74361ed31038e339995088ab44b.png

@Adamw @Vaughan a couple of suggestions...

1) Shift this to a point "4" in this list, and make it big and bold and colourful...

2) Add a button to the Calibration screen next to this value for something like "Set New Value" (which performs the action of pressing Enter), and/or add some help text here when they've changed it but not pressed Enter, like this crude amendment:

image.thumb.png.065b2b81f59b5980f473e5efd6ebf9aa.png