TC4 egt boxes

Rx2jz

The "Find Devices" is only for programming Link CAN Lambda modules, it won't show anything else, so you can forget about this, it's leading you down a rabbit hole.

From what I understand, the Haltech products have hard coded CAN streams so they offer "Box A" and "Box B" as separate products.

There are TC8 streams provided with PC Link, whether these will work for the TC4s, I'm not sure...

There's details in the Help for how to set this up.

14 minutes ago, Confused said:

The "Find Devices" is only for programming Link CAN Lambda modules, it won't show anything else, so you can forget about this, it's leading you down a rabbit hole.

From what I understand, the Haltech products have hard coded CAN streams so they offer "Box A" and "Box B" as separate products.

There are TC8 streams provided with PC Link, whether these will work for the TC4s, I'm not sure...

There's details in the Help for how to set this up.

Yeah I followed the tc8 streams  provided... Still nothing. 

Thanks for clearing up the finding can devices function 

28 minutes ago, Adamw said:

Haltech TCA8 CAN wont work with a TC4.  

Attach your tune, confirm whether you have box a or b and which CAN port it is wired to.  

i dont know how to attach a link file..

ahh i see... here ya go Adam.

cheers

Tune with CAN settings.pclr

CAN 2 

not sure what you mean by A or B box mate. Both Haltech TC4 boxes connected to a Haltech Can Hub. 

Just done some research. i have 1 x Box A and 1 x Box B

I have only personally tested a box A TC2 and a box A TC4, so im making an educated guess for the ID for the box b.  

TC2 Box A uses 712 & 714.  TC4 Box A uses 716 & 718.

So I think the most likely for box b is 717 & 719.  

You map attached is set up that way.  The probes connected to box A will be received into the ECU as CAN TC Cyl 1-4.

The probes connected to box B will be received into the ECU as CAN TC Cyl 5-8.

If the CAN TC Cyl 5-8 runtimes stay at zero then try changing the receive user stream 2 ID to 715.  

Tune with CAN settings 2.pclr

11 hours ago, Adamw said:

I have only personally tested a box A TC2 and a box A TC4, so im making an educated guess for the ID for the box b.  

TC2 Box A uses 712 & 714.  TC4 Box A uses 716 & 718.

So I think the most likely for box b is 717 & 719.  

You map attached is set up that way.  The probes connected to box A will be received into the ECU as CAN TC Cyl 1-4.

The probes connected to box B will be received into the ECU as CAN TC Cyl 5-8.

If the CAN TC Cyl 5-8 runtimes stay at zero then try changing the receive user stream 2 ID to 715.  

Tune with CAN settings 2.pclr 163.34 kB · 2 downloads

Loaded in the tune mate. Any idea how to check if recieving  data. As run times show 0 degrees and log shows 0. Both boxes. 

1 minute ago, Adamw said:

If you are measuring on the ecu then that is expected, the ecu is not outputting any data, just listening.  If you are measuring whats coming out of the egt box then you should see different voltages on H/L.  

It was from ecu. Thanks 

3 hours ago, Adamw said:

If you are measuring on the ecu then that is expected, the ecu is not outputting any data, just listening.  If you are measuring whats coming out of the egt box then you should see different voltages on H/L.  

Adam it has something to do with my tyco plug wiring with these stupid haltech boxes. Haltech doesn't explain anything anywhere in how to wire the TC4

I've attached pics of the only wiring diagrams I can find. I bought a plug, and wired only 4 pins. HI Lo positive and ground. 

The other end is a dtm4 into can hub. Maybe also the problem is i don't have anything plugged into the 4th spot on the can hub. Maybe I need to make a plug with a terminating resistor across hi and low ??? 

Screenshot_20230825-144058.png

Screenshot_20230825-144102.png

Looking at these diagrams do I have to use 2 wires to lo and 2 wires to Hi or just one from each... 

I have no idea.. bloody haltech !!

On the Tyco plug I have always connected CAN L/H to pin 3 & 7, although Im pretty sure 2 & 8 are just connected to the the same internally.  You dont need to worry about the termination loop or the empty socket in the hub.  

For connection to the ecu, just in case you are using a Link CAN cable, be aware the Haltech DTM4 pinout is different to Link.  

14 minutes ago, Adamw said:

On the Tyco plug I have always connected CAN L/H to pin 3 & 7, although Im pretty sure 2 & 8 are just connected to the the same internally.  You dont need to worry about the termination loop or the empty socket in the hub.  

For connection to the ecu, just in case you are using a Link CAN cable, be aware the Haltech DTM4 pinout is different to Link.  

I've wired the can2 hi and low out of ECU into the dtm4 plug same as pic

Screenshot_20230815-203805.png

1 minute ago, Rx2jz said:

I've wired the can2 hi and low out of ECU into the dtm4 plug same as pic

Screenshot_20230815-203805.png

Also I've done hi and low on tyco pins 2 and 7..  I could try 3 and 7 

5 minutes ago, Adamw said:

So, if you pull the can l/h wires out of the ecu connector and measure voltage on those (measure to ground) do you see a voltage difference there?

11.71v on both.... Something very a miss here... 

If you've got 12V coming out of your Haltech CAN pins when there is only 12V connected to the boxes then you either have the pinout wrong or there is an internal issue.  Neither is much we can help you with, its really going to need advice from Haltech.  

9 hours ago, Adamw said:

If you've got 12V coming out of your Haltech CAN pins when there is only 12V connected to the boxes then you either have the pinout wrong or there is an internal issue.  Neither is much we can help you with, its really going to need advice from Haltech.  

I agree mate. Something ain't right. I posted my wiring above. I worked the tyco pin exactly how you do it.. I'll plug 1 x TC4 box in at a time today and narrow down which box is the issue 

Can you post your overall wiring diagram for how you've wired the ecu/egt boxes/hub in relation to the 4 can pins (H/L/12v/Gnd)?

How many other devices on the hub, where power is coming from and where it's being supplied to, etc.

11 hours ago, Adamw said:

We have some progress !!! I have readings from box B... Without box A plugged in.... So box A is the issue. 

But... Box B is showing cyl 1-4 which if I'm correct should be box A stream ... Weird