1997 Sc400 A/C not toggling on with button

SingleTipTerry

I am running a link storm g4x, I am able to toggle the a/c on with the link software but am unable to get it to turn on with the climate control unit. The light turns on and off when i hit the button but does not kick the compressor on also when i hit the button it doesnt seem to toggle the DI 4 Ac request so i am just assuming it is a problem with the settings but i could be wrong. The system was charged not too long ago and i know it isnt leaking. Cant get ahold of my tuner who made the jumper harness for me to assist with this issue. Not too sure if he messed with setting up the A/C when he was tuning it, Would like to get some input on the settings to see if i can get the problem fixed. Thank you for your help

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/7cae13awhqj935ena512p/tune-after-injector-replacement.pclx?rlkey=rqynzczzdpdfnqasmvrqz2o3l&dl=0

After checking voltage at the pin for dI4 I'm only seeing about .04v and only changes when I increase the speed of the blower motor the highest I saw was .08v at max speed on the blower motor. So this is going to be a wiring issue correct? Made no difference when the ac toggle was on or off

I have yet to mod the tach on the factory cluster to work. Im kinda leaning towards the system not kicking on because the tach is not signaling any type of rpm. Im going to pull the cluster out tomorrow and mod it to work with the link, so i have some rpm output. Going through some wiring diagrams it does look like it goes through the instrument cluster for the a/c system.

The tach was the problem, Now that it is showing rpm on the cluster i am now able to turn the ac on and off with the climate control unit. Only problem im having now is that it wants to idle low when it is active. Ive tried to adjust the idle up for it but it does not change anything. My idle is set to 1000rpm and when the ac is active it wants to drop down to 600-750 rpm. Like i said there is no change in idle when i mess with the idle up settings. Here is a log of me turning the ac on and off a few times at idle.

Ac on and off, Low idle.llgx

Add offset like Vaugh said, and it may also help to use closed loop idle control as yours is currently set to open loop.  There's not much chance of the ecu correcting your idle speed currently with it set to open loop idle control and only idle igntion control trying to get it to target.  

Going back and forth with my tuner we added some to the offset but im still getting a pretty low idle. Were not on the same time schedule so it take awhile to have any changes made to be able to test it. Not able to run the car late at night because of how loud it is. Do i have to change anything else when running it in closed loop? This is the current tune in the car right now

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/u1qcpgu19zji7gz3d8db6/SC400-tune-AC-idle-up-test.pclx?rlkey=uwqixjhhuh71ug5wirsyubrh8&dl=0

Given your setting of your idle valve as Unipolar Reverse and your IAC base position values start low and get higher with coolant temp - that may cause a problem with the closed loop as I'm unsure if it will understand that lowering the value increases idle speed.  You may want to flip the values on your base position table and change from unipolar reverse to unipolar forward.  Also unsure how the AC adder is working if this is how the iac is working currently.

I've made a few changes to your idle as I described above and here is that file:
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/03gtyyaafr8rc5yezdd7k/SingleTipTerry-SC400-tune-AC-idle-up-test-2.pclx?rlkey=91p3004qri79dzngik98rmzth&dl=0

So that seemed to make a big difference. The first startup i did with that tune it took a second for it to figure out what was going on but it caught idle. The 2nd time i started it up it fired right up and idled where i like it at. No more bogging down with ac on or off. Seems to do the trick. ill attach both logs in here so you can see whats going on.

First start up with your tune

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/dcuocng6gvlcnx1ktyutp/SC400-AC-idle-test-3.llgx?rlkey=g26h4468fphnyf9nlsbnht8eu&dl=0

Second start up

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/0k0oqwdejei0ee1fpcg38/SC400-AC-idle-test-4.llgx?rlkey=08bqrjv0tieuu1x5hqsoa44q6&dl=0

Did you cycle the key between starts on these logs?  With a stepper motor IAC it has to home properly to know where it needs to be.  Your tune is set to home the stepper on key on currently.  If you key on and crank too quickly it will not be in the right spot.  I changed the home to key-on fuel lockout which will should prevent the car from firing until the stepper motor has homed and then gone to the correction position before injecting fuel (other than pre-crank prime fuel).  Alternatively you can set up hold power to home the stepper when the engine is shut off before turning off the computer, but that may require an additional relay and wiring.  Also once your car does start - it's running a touch lean at idle versus target according to your onboard wideband. 

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/1r0puhnn54iz5fcoiqyrx/SingleTipTerry-SC400-tune-AC-idle-up-test-5.pclx?rlkey=chwt47i0k07f1s2309gaw3ph5&dl=0