Link G5 to install it on Lexus 2ur-gse and Nissan vr30ddtt engines

David SU

The 2UR-GSE is what we use as one of our internal test platforms with full control of VVT-iE.

image.thumb.jpeg.39faf6751398e8c3de86d5c49a721733.jpeg

The VR30DDTT has dual e-throttle and dual electric wastegate control, which would require the use of external H-Bridges(Ehtrolle) modules to control.

I'm unsure of the specific for VTC  control but if it's similar to VVT-iE, then the Voodoo Pro can control it.

Thank you for your quick reply.

Just wondering is there any further information about how to make all able connections?  Such as a description or simple diagram about how to connect them?  Or is there any way to purchase the all-cable-connected set? Thank you so much!

To give a bit more information about the 2UR cam control - although we have it working nicely on our test engine, be aware there is not yet a nice user-friendly built-in control strategy for these cam motors.  Im currently doing it with a fairly complex arrangement of GP PWM tables.  I need to spend some more time on it to specify a built-in function with a lot of this complexity hidden from the user but I wont be able to for a month or two due to other priorities.  We can give you a map with it all working and controlling well and I dont expect it will need any tuning or adjustment but it is not currently easy to understand if you needed to adjust anything.  Adjusting the commanded cam angle is still tuned in the normal way with the VVT target table, just there is a whole lot of other stuff working in the background to translate that into a motor demand.  

Note it is a very IO hungry engine and the wiring is complex, I can probably give you the drawing from our loom but it really will need a very experienced wiring guy to build it, 16 injectors staged DI/port, 2 DI pumps, 5 cam sensors, 4 knock sensors, 2 brushless motor controllers with diagnostics on the intake cams, conventional hydraulic VVT on the exhaust, E-throttle etc.  Our loom has a little more complexity as we have sublooms to quickly swap between different injector driver boxes.  

• 2 months later...

Great to see you guys testing with the 2UR. I'm currently using the stock ecu to tune my Roots supercharged 2UR (Currently 1 of 2 in the world) and would rather a system that would allow me to do more than what the stock ecu will allow. Can you also tune the TCM, or would this be a case where we would use the G5 to piggyback off of the Stock ecu and retain the Factory TCM. Thanks in advance and look forward to the progress.

22 hours ago, SC_2UR-GSE_82 said:

Can you also tune the TCM, or would this be a case where we would use the G5 to piggyback off of the Stock ecu and retain the Factory TCM

Making the factory TCM work with the Link would require decoding of the factory CAN bus and a new CAN mode in the Link, this is because the Link will need to send appropriate Engine Speed and torque info to the TCU for it to do it's job properly. Note this wouldn't be tuning the TCM, just providing it with the information to do it's job properly.

If you wanted to actually tune the TCM you'll need to look into flashing it (would still require the ECU to emulate the factory CAN bus) or using an aftermarket trans controller (might cause issues with other modules like the dash cluster, DSC etc if it is no longer transmitting the factory messages).

If you have time and motivation decoding the factory CAN bus is usually possible and @Adam can most likely provide help with tools and knowledge for this otherwise piggyback would be the only option in a complete vehicle. If you can get enough of the factory CAN bus info decoded we can make a new CAN mode for it.

If you could get the AA80E CAN information, that would open the door for other Link ECUs to use this for conversions etc. There is quite a bit of interest in getting the AA80E behind JZs. Would be a real option if Link supported the CAN messaging to the TCM.

I actually have the file for the adapter to mate the two (Motor to Trans) together. Working on flywheel as well. We can tune the TCU with VF Tuner as of right now, but they are the only ones able to do so. Even if we could use the G5 to piggyback stock ecu for the 2urgse, and VF tuner for TCM, we'd be making some good headway while trying to figure out the TCM data. How are yall testing the 2UR now? Is it just a complete custom harness and more for a race setup and not "street"?