EV14 900cc Dead time

Stranger24

Do you know where I can get Deadtime for my 900cc Bosch injectors? Can't seem to see anything on Bosch website

I bought a set of 900c EV14 Bosch injectors and can't seem to see any 900cc online, mostly 1000cc

Here is where I bought it from

https://turbozentrum.co.uk/Matched-set-of-6-Bosch-fuel-injectors-900ccm-EV14-68mm-Standard

Thanks

As I said I have only tested at 3bar so you can only use a 2D deadtime table with the data provided. 

11 hours ago, Aram said:

i guess there shouldn’t be a big difference between 900cc and 980cc?

What do you mean?  The injector you linked to was 0280158040, is this what you have or not?

15 minutes ago, Aram said:

Item i received has the code removed as they source parts and don’t want people to know what it the item number.

No, this means the injector has been modified, removing the part number is part of the dealers agreement with Bosch.  So this means any Bosch deadtimes you find are irrelevant, the typical modification of removing or grinding the diffuser plate changes the deadtimes and the modified injectors typically vary a lot.  Really the supplier should provide the data.

This is where it pays for you to get injectors from somewhere like Injector Dynamics - they provide a huge range of injector characteristic data, which can greatly reduce the fudging time during tuning - where tuning time on a dyno will cost you more than the difference in price to just buy injectors with good data in the first place.

Thanks Adamw, appreciate it

The data you provided doesn't match the one they did on dead time and also website link below. is the testing your own result? 

i started to use the one from the ms4x below and created a 3d table for deadtime but nothing in spw. I can see few people in skyline austrlia detailing SPW and also yours so will use one i guess or just have to adjust idle to compensate for spw:)

https://www.ms4x.net/index.php?title=Fuel_Injector_Deadtimes#Bosch_0280158124_382cc

Skyline forum mentioning the SPW

https://www.sau.com.au/forums/topic/473323-ev14-0280-158-040-settings-needed-plz/

I am little cheesed off, paid £540 for these set with top and bottom hat and can see them as cheap as £190 for 6. I guess as long as it is 040, that is it there is no premium 040 and standard! Perhaps they charged me such for research of adaptors needed and big premium for flow matching

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/144354468497?chn=ps&_ul=GB&_trkparms=ispr%3D1&amdata=enc%3A15kMEL1fHQjugCTTopRkHDw52&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=710-134428-41853-0&mkcid=2&mkscid=101&itemid=144354468497&targetid=1816181028379&device=c&mktype=pla_with_promotion&googleloc=9046010&poi=&campaignid=19090194174&mkgroupid=147009364227&rlsatarget=aud-1195034332204:pla-1816181028379&abcId=9303860&merchantid=119066900&gclid=Cj0KCQiAj_CrBhD-ARIsAIiMxT8deAZUCkcBcNBsqiuOwFzR5io3V0hVFwpPfhEzhfCTIAk5DninwJYaAhx1EALw_wcB

21 hours ago, Aram said:

Sorry If I sound naive, does this mean using link ecu these are deadtimes so it is closer to reality than what bosch provides if I use link ecu?

Bosch dont provide any data at all, there are too many unknown variables.  The injector driver circuit, the test fluid, battery voltage and differential pressure all have a big influence on the injector response, there are many other factors that have a smaller influence also.  Many injector suppliers are just "parts sellers", they have no idea at all about injector characterisation. 

The data I provided was generated using a Link driver circuit, real gasoline with closed loop controlled temperature and pressure and closed loop battery voltage control, assuming your injector is actually a 0280158040 (I have some doubts since your part number has been removed), this will be as close to real-life data as you will get.    

Thanks Adam makes sense

part number is right , they haven’t removed it but covered part of it with their logo 

i think this is so people can’t see part number and start selling I guess

that happened to me few times before and maybe normal in uk but not in Australia. It seems vendor trying to protect their research time

the seller is huge so don’t think they will risk selling doggy injector

No, the part number isnt removed or covered to prevent people selling them, the part numbers along with flowrates, dimensions and connector info are publicly available in the bosch data sheets and catalogues.  

The reason the part number is removed is because bosch have a very strict policy that any modified injector cant be sold as theirs, any modified bosch injector has to have the part number removed.  

Maybe I am not sure. I do know a guy here which I bought bosch from and be said it is his time and research so he covers the part number

i see few parts of the initial part number on the injector before they apply their logo

i guess annoying and lesson learned to buy injector dynamic which comes with loads data or as in forum and buy the bosch once I know what part number it is

i have used them hence don’t feel it is right to return else would have