Aim MXS Dash displaying incorrect Fuel Pressure on display

4g63evo

Running a Link G4+ and Aim MXS Dash although it is displaying the wrong fuel pressure.

ECU has 2x Fuel rail pressure sensors on ANV2 & ANV6 and is reading correcting on PCLink. Both are consistent.

Racestudio 3 has Fuel pressure on CC24. How do I go about selecting ANV2 or ANV6 as the ECU stream?

The ECU sends Fuel pressure over, not the analog voltages.  So if it's not coming out right on the display, you may need to do a unit conversion or similar in racestudio 3 as it's often transmitted in kpa.

It may help to post a copy of your Aim dash config, and your tune to see if there's something that can be done by someone on here to help.

So you havent changed anything in either of those 2 files?  You've left the cal 5 set up in kpa? I just loaded your map in an ecu and the CAN output is correct.  Is FP1, FP2, and diff FP all showing the same problem in the dash?  What firmware does your dash show in RS3?

4 hours ago, Adamw said:

So you havent changed anything in either of those 2 files?  You've left the cal 5 set up in kpa? I just loaded your map in an ecu and the CAN output is correct.  Is FP1, FP2, and diff FP all showing the same problem in the dash?  What firmware does your dash show in RS3?

Apologies, I had loaded the incorrect aim file. 

Fuel pressure 2 is working now. Although, fuel pressure 1 is not displaying anything (-). Boost pot is not displaying a figure either (-). Turbo RPM / Speed sensor off efr turbo DI7 is not visible.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/27/2023 at 10:15 AM, Adamw said:

What firmware does your dash show in RS3?

Can you give us a pic of the laptop and dash screen side by side so I can see fuel press in both at the same time.  

I've checked again the ECU is outputting the correct data.  Turbo speed is not in the stream because you only asked for ANV 2 to be added originally.  I will add turbo speed when I can.  

3 hours ago, 4g63evo said:

RS3 firmware is 3.55.20

Your RS3 is old so I suspect your dash firmware probably is also.  The current version of RS3 is 3.64.  The current 1.2 strada firmware version is 2.40.77.  You can click on the cloud icon at the top right of RS3 to update them both.  Try updating first, if that doesnt help then I will change around the CAN setup as sometimes that will get around a bug.  

The mxs update procedure is pretty similar to this video:  https://youtu.be/vfOSDcVF-js?feature=shared

I've just updated RS3 to 3.64 and updated MXS dash to 2.40.77 and problem still persists.

At this stage the following:

Fuel pressure 2 is working

Fuel pressure 1 is not working / displaying (-)

Boost pot is not working / displaying (-)

Diff F pressure is not working / displaying (-)

Turbo speed is not selectable / visible

Thanks for the help. Much appreciated

A classic AiM issue is that a config created with an old version of RaceStudio does not get updated with the firmeware and/or software.   If something just doesn't seem to be behaving correctly, sometimes you just need to try creating a new config from scratch, with the ECU protocol.  Just make a minimal one to test.  Does it show the right values in the "live measures" tab when you are online, then you know it will work when you configure that for the display.  Or if not, you how have a solid bug to report.