Toyota 3SGE BEAMS VVTI (Grey Top) Extreme G4x NOT STARTING

Fadi@Tensai

Dear All,

i have wired in a Link Extreme G4x with a Link Razor PDM to start a Toyota 3SGE Beams VVTI (grey top) engine.

the trigger setup data was exported from Link Plugin Base Map for Altezza.

i did all input and out put correctly and tested the injectors and ignition out put successfully .

the problem is during cranking the car don't start because injectors and coils are not firing.

OEM Coils, Injector Dynamics 1050x injectors.

any help is highly appreciated.

trigger scope, log and tune attached.

3SGE PC Datalog - 2023-12-14 7;16;59 pm.llgxSE3G Beams Grey Triggers.llgxXtreme Altezza Datsun 1050x Base 2.pclx

Your crank position sensor is wired in reverse polarity.  Need to swap the wires on that.

I would also lower your Trig 1 arming voltages to about 0.3 at 500rpm and 1.5 at 1000rpm as a better starting point.

Your fuel pressure while cranking is pretty high also.  Have you sync'ed the trigger with a timing light while cranking?  You'll need to do this after fixing the crank sensor of course.

thanks for the reply :)

but i can read RPM as you can see in the log!

can you please have a look at the VVT inlet and exhaust tooth count .

link base file says its 2 . isn't it 3 teeth?

link base file for the G4+ list the trigger offset as 145 degrees, but in the g4X base map its 0! what is the correct setting?

You're accumulating errors while cranking when you get to the tooth gap because of the incorrect polarity, and the problems will continue to accrue as you go for more rpm.  I'm unsure what the tooth count is on the grey top beams.  The triggers are coded different in G4+ versus G4x so you should always verify with a timing light.

7 hours ago, Fadi@Tensai said:

i will reverse the polarity (i assume the ground and power) keeping the signal wire untouched

It is a 2 wire reluctor sensor, just swap the +/- wires at the sensor plug.

The trigger offset will be near zero.  The VVT tooth counts and tooth offsets will be automatically set later when you run the cam angle calibration, these are not relevant to the trigger and not needed to get it running.