Abs sensor for traction + honda civic + wanna cry...

eldrblack

Hello mi gente, im trying to configure traction control in my civic eg with link g4x plugin.  Im using 97 01 Honda crv front sensor. I get resistance when i measured the two wires (0.959) and also voltage while rotating the tires (Mv) but i cant get a signal to the Digital input. Im using this kind of sensor, i will like to know if this sensor will work, or should i move to gt101 style sensor. thanks

sensor2.png

sensro1.png

1 hour ago, Confused said:

You may just not be spinning the wheel fast enough - some OEM sensors won't give a signal that the ECU can read until you're doing something like 20mph.

ok man, i will take it to the street and drive like californian at the takeovers ahahaa thanks

• 1 month later...
50 minutes ago, Hadzhonda said:

That's an ac sign wave, not a digital signal. That's analogue. You have an inductive sensor.

It's a frequency input which are received through the Digital Input pins. Inductive wheel speed sensors also don't output a sine wave, they output a series of gentle rises with sharp drops through 0V.

@Hadzhonda: It does not matter what the signal wave form looks like. What matters there is how the ECU would interpret the signal --- and the ECU actually reads the frequency of the rise/fall of the signal via a DI.

On 3/23/2024 at 3:10 AM, Hadzhonda said:

No it's an analogue signal, the form of v an ac sign wave buddy, Hall type goes 0 to 5v. That's digital. Inductive requires and analogue to digital converter circuit.  

On 3/21/2024 at 2:02 PM, Vaughan said:

It's a frequency input which are received through the Digital Input pins. Inductive wheel speed sensors also don't output a sine wave, they output a series of gentle rises with sharp drops through 0V.

It will not read as a speed if you wire it to an analog input. The speed signal is received as a frequency with a higher speed being a higher frequency. The actual analog voltage does not matter as long as it is going above the hardware based 'high' voltage and below the hardware based 'low' voltage.

The circuits people commonly add between an inductive wheel speed sensor and an ECU frequency input are used because they allow the ECU to still see speed when the wheel is spinning slow enough that the ECU hardware based 'high' voltage is not met but if you don't need to read speeds this low you do not need extra hardware.

• 4 weeks later...