Atom X trigger scope issues

lesgrandepotato

I’m trying to find my way to a first start using an Atom X on a Suzuki swift motor. 
I don’t think I can get enough power from the Crank / Cam sensors.

So im using the trigger scope. I’m confused though. When you hit capture it seems to load a previous log . This makes it hard to understand what’s happening. 

How do I reset the trigger scope? If I know that the changes I’m making are reflected in the scope I reckon I’ve got a chance of sorting this 

Theoretically every time you hit capture it will capture a new scope.  Do you know if your Atom is a V3 version?  Previous versions did not have a full analog trigger scope signal reading ability if memory serves.  You do need to make sure that the engine is turning when you hit capture of you will just be looking at noise.  Can you post a copy of your tune and trigger scope capture file?

Ok. I’ve got the a Cam and Crank sensor wired in. Each is a reluctor. 

Crank on trigger one. Connected through to the sensor and signal ground. Signal ground attached to both the return from the sensor and the ground sheath. 

Multimeter on the sensor gives a fluctuating small voltage under cranking. 

So i guess next steps is to de pin and check for a fluctuation at the pins ?

Ok. So thinking it through. Tomorrow morning we need a check of sensors back to the pins and into the ECU. 
We also need a check that the ECU is recieving stable voltage at crank. Should do as it’s on a relay from the ACC switch and powered from the battery, but we’ll see. 

Nothing else should affect the triggers right? I think they are both floating grounds, but I guess one could be signal and the other ground and vice versa to the ECU? 

It sounds like the ecu is "turning off" during cranking.  They work down to about 6V or less so that may suggest a wiring issue.  You can watch and/or log batt voltage in the software to confirm if there is an issue.  

When you last saved the map attached above the battery voltage was showing 7.0V, the MAP sensor and TPS was showing 0V so these may be clues to a ground is missing or something depending what was or was not plugged in at the time.

What engine is it?  Most swift engines have hall effect sensors on both the crank and cam yet your map is set to reluctors.  The trigger mode is also not set to one of the common swift modes.

Interesting insights on the voltages… it’s a Swift GTI mk1/2 engine g13b from about 1994.

It had a 12 tooth very odd shaped reluctor in the dizzy and no crank wheel as standard. 

The cam reluctor has been milled to a single tooth for a cam pulse, and a new trigger wheel mounted on the bottom pulley with a 2 wire sensor. 

Ok! Progress is made. Improved earth circuits and a better set up on the 12v rail and we are in business! 

Didn’t get it running, but it’s giving a cough here and there. Need to get the fuel pump to well pump fuel and we should be good for an initial fire up.53ED1A4F-CF35-489B-8AD2-DCBBBC150B0C.jpeg.c0dcec205f9a18966f6ee101c42e7260.jpeg

Also take a look at the voltages on your trigger signals and adjust your arming thresholds to at least half of the average peak positive voltage values to eliminate the chance of noise messing up your signal readings.