Evo 1 direct ignition setup.

kevin p

Hi everyone,

Working on an Evo 1, I would like to setup direct fire on the ignition side. I saw that pin 33 is label ignition 3 and fuel solenoid, and pin 38 is label ignition 4 and ecu hold power. 

Can I attach 3 & 4 coil to the respective pinouts and fire up or are there changes that need to be made in the ecu software as well?

Thanks

With G4X ECUs on the latest firmware (comes with the G5 PCLink install) you can reallocate which ignition and injection drive is used for what so if you can use any of the Ign 5-8 pins on the expansion header as your additional ignition outputs as long as you reallocate them correctly in the Ignition Reallocation table.

Example below uses Ignition 1 output for cyl 1 coil, Ignition 2 output for cylinder 2 coil, ignition 5 output for cyl 3 coil and ignition 6 output for cyl 4 coil.

Capture.PNG

That's ok, at least I know it's possible. I finish tuning the car earlier today and the stock setup so maybe next time.

Thanks again.

One more thing, I notice when I change it to direct ignition, the ecu hold power was turn off and i got an error message.

49 minutes ago, kevin p said:

One more thing, I notice when I change it to direct ignition, the ecu hold power was turn off and i got an error message.

This is because when you change it to direct ignition it will automatically allocate the extra 2 ignition drives which will overwrite anything else using them. After you have set it to direct spark you need to turn on ignition reallocation, set the values in the table to match your planned wiring and then set the ECU hold power and whatever you have on ign 3 up to what they were again.