Colour Dash Display

Grant Baker

Hiya,

I'm sure it's been asked before, but the search didn't turn up many decent results...

So... What colour dash displays are people using / recommending? Obviously one that would talk to the G4+

The Race Technology Dash 2 Pro is nice, but not that modern looking due to lack of colour!

You probably need to state what features your are looking for...

For instance if you just want to display ECU data then there are many low cost options like Gaugeart or an android device with the Torque app.  If you want more advanced features like predictive lap times etc then it might be Plex or AiM.  If you want good logging capability and Data analysis software then Motec would be the choice.

I want a complete dash replacement system, and one that can pull data from the Link G4 via CAN.

Plus Fuel level, road speed and other minor things.

Not interested in logging or data analysis.

Basically a colour version of the Dash2!

If possible I'd look to use a dash that is able to receive custom CAN. This way if you decided you want something different in the future, there will be a chance you can configure the dash to support the data. Unfortunately this is not something that is very common.

With the OBD2 scanners and their Dash equivilants like the Torque App mentioned above, how does one interface with the ECU. Is it via the can pins on the OBD2 port??? any settings required from the side of the ECU?

perfect. Thanks for the info. This is available on the latest storm too right, through the single CAN module present. I just ordered a couple through my local agent (the protocol does not support oil pressure though).