rpm signal issues

replica-rs4

Hello,

Im installing link thunder in to 2001.5 audi b5 s4 with a custom built harness. Car is running fine but im having issues getting tachometer and ABS to work. Im using audi tt CAN protocol.

I know my car is not one of supported models , but its no different then an audi tt as far as CAN protocol and electronics go. I did a bunch research on mk1 audi tt.

there were few different gauge clusters thru out years with one main concern earlier versions had analog feed rpm to tachometer and newer audi tt had rpm signal sent over CAN bus

also there were versions with abs and versions with abs and esp .

My questions are is rpm signal from thunder compatible with analog signal my cluster expects ? if not compatible , what are my options? multiplier 1 duty 50 % tach settings

Is audi tt CAN protocol compatible with all versions of audi tt abs and esp systems .

there 2 CAN ports on ecu , is there a difference which is used for powertrain communication?

thank you in advance

Serge E

Edited by replica-rs4

there were few different gauge clusters thru out years with one main concern earlier versions had analog feed rpm to tachometer and newer audi tt had rpm signal sent over CAN bus

Our TT plugin only sends a standard analog RPM signal out of the Aux out.  There is no RPM data in the CAN stream that I can see. 

My questions are is rpm signal from thunder compatible with analog signal my cluster expects ? if not compatible , what are my options? multiplier 1 duty 50 % tach settings

I can only tell you the "analog" tacho signal that the Thunder is sending out is exactly the same as our TT plugin is sending out.  I checked our plugin has no extra pull-up or hardware on the tacho circuit.

Is audi tt CAN protocol compatible with all versions of audi tt abs and esp systems .

Unlikely.  VAG seem to change their CAN stream more often than I change my underwear.  Our stream seems to be compatible with most of the models it was designed for.  We have had reports of ABS or ESP lights not functioning correctly on some supposedly similar platforms such as VW Golfs and Seats.  Have you tried the VW golf GTI stream? 

there 2 CAN ports on ecu , is there a difference which is used for powertrain communication?

The functionality of the two CAN ports are identical.

Edited by Adamw
formating