G4+ v9 sti temp scalings

rocklizzard91

Hello everyone! I just purchased my new G4+ for my v9 swapped 2002 WRX and I'm working on building a map before installing the ECU. Looking at the AIT options it looks like I can use the factory MAF sensor AIT (not recommended), the spec-c temp sensor in the manifold by the throttle body or add a GM sensor. I do have a GM sensor and I was going to have a bung welded into the intercooler endtank, but I'm curious how good the sensor in the manifold will work. If I choose that, does anyone have the scaling for that sensor? The drop-down menu looks like it only has a few Nissan factory sensor scalings, a Honda and a Bosch STD. Not sure which to use, I was hoping it would already have the factory scaling inputted. Does the same go for the factory ECT sensor? IIRC it defaults to Bosch STD as well.

Thanks!

Edited by rocklizzard91

Perfect! Thank you! 

So I plugged in the ECU for the first time last night and I'm trying to use the Spec-C air temp sensor but it is throwing an error 49 code and it's reading temp at 212ish (I had not run the car in 48+ hours)

I have not changed any of the factory wiring, it's as the v9 comes from the factory. Do I need to modify anything for the ECU to work correctly? I also have a error 22 for the powersteering that I didn't expect to see. Everything worked correctly on my factory ECU.

received_10155436913233156.png

That could be a number of issues.

First to check will be the fault settings on that temp channel. Make sure error high is 4.95V and the low is 0.05V

If these are correct then the most likely is an open circuit to that pin on the ECU which could be wiring or sensor.

Alright so I am looking over factory wiring diagrams and the G4+ and it looks like there may be a wiring change for the AIT. Im going to check that out with the volt meter tomorrow.

My next issue is the power steering switch. Subaru call for 10-14v from the PS switch. It looks like I cant turn up the warnings in the AN Volt 5, 5V is the max.

1-Can I turn this up? or do I need to convert to 5V?

2-Do I need the PS pressure switch? Does it have functionality in the ECU that would make it worth keeping?

My next issue is the power steering switch. Subaru call for 10-14v from the PS switch. It looks like I cant turn up the warnings in the AN Volt 5, 5V is the max.

All data we have shows the PS switch "floats" when steering wheel is not moving and goes to 0V when the wheel is turned.  AN Volt 5 has a pullup to 5V fitted on this ECU so that the ECU will see a 0-5V signal.  Set the Error high to 5V and error low to 0V.  It should just work and you shouldnt have to mess with anything.

2-Do I need the PS pressure switch? Does it have functionality in the ECU that would make it worth keeping?

The PS switch is used to keep the idle speed more consistent by opening the idle valve a little more when PS is active.