G4+ Evo 4-8 Plugin, Speed Sources and E-Throttle

Confused

Hi,

Am getting some prep work done to fit a G4+ to my Ford Anglia running a Mitsubishi 6A13TT engine in a couple of weeks.

First question is regarding speed sensors, which I'll be looking to utilise for both launch control and traction control (~300 bhp in a small, light RWD car on tiny tyres is a little bit of a handful).

I've got an existing speed sensor hooked up sensing the propshaft->diff mounting bolts, which detects 4 pulses per revolution of the propshaft, giving a total of 14536 pules per mile (185/60/13 tyres, and a 3.916:1 diff) or 9038 pules per km (if my calculations are correct!)

I'm also adding another sensor to one of the front wheels, which will pick up on the 4 bolts on back of the hub that hold the brake disc on, giving just 3796 pulses per mile (175/60/13 tyres) or 2360 pules per km.

Would I be right in saying that under the Digital Input setup, I would set the Calibration values to: Rear: 904, Front: 236, which will then allow the ECU to see the same speed from both sets of wheels?

Additionally, under Slip Filter in the help, it mentions the potential values being 0 to 8, but I can't then see any further explanation of what this range means. The link to % Slip Calculation doesn't provide any further info on the Slip Filter values.

image.png.409e5150a701d0c5d20ba934a3896da0.png

Secondly, I am looking to fit an E-Throttle. The manual regarding wiring for E-Throttle talks about a dedicated +14v input for Aux 9/10 to drive the E-Throttle, but I haven't been able to find in the pinout which pin provides this additional power input on the Evo 4-8 with E-Throttle board.

Thanks - I'm sure there'll be a few more questions when I look into a little more of it!

The slip filter is like a damper function bigger the number the more damping. 

On the plugin the power supply is pre wired for Aux 9/10 all you need is an aux out assigned as the control (ideal for a virtual aux) 

Hi Simon,

Thanks for the prompt reply. Glad to hear I won't need to worry about more power feeds & relays for the E-Throttle ;)

Is the filtering used if I don't get a clean, smooth signal from the speed sensor, for example if there's electrical noise and it suddenly reads a much higher frequency for a split-second? But, the side-effect is that when the signal is clean, it'll have a slight delay?

31 minutes ago, Confused said:

Hi Simon,

Thanks for the prompt reply. Glad to hear I won't need to worry about more power feeds & relays for the E-Throttle ;)

Is the filtering used if I don't get a clean, smooth signal from the speed sensor, for example if there's electrical noise and it suddenly reads a much higher frequency for a split-second? But, the side-effect is that when the signal is clean, it'll have a slight delay?

With wheel speeds, you will often see little spikes in the speed trace, not because of electrical noise but due to things like a wheel hopping over bumps and brake lock ups etc.  Usually these are very short events that you dont want the ECU to consider as slip and start cutting power.  So the slip filter allows you to dampen these short spikes out so the ECU ignores them.  Obviously, there is a balance needed as if you use too much filtering then when you get "real" slip the ecu's reaction will be delayed.